Friday, February 7, 2014

{Get Crafty} Valentine Argyle Wreath

We've been hit pretty badly by snow and ice storms this week that knocked out power lines and caused major power outages.  We were pretty lucky and got our power back on Wednesday night.  I haven't had internet but I'm getting some free wifi while I'm out and taking full advantage of it!
This is a fun little project that I've had my eye on for a few years. I found it on Pinterest of course. I don't know what took me so long to make it.
All you need is a wreath form, yarn, felt and hot glue.
Wrap your wreath form in yarn.  I used some fuzzy grey yarn.
Cut some heart shapes out of the felt. I chose grey, pink and red and used a cookie cutter to trace out my hearts.
Glue the hearts to the wreath in an up and down pattern. I used hot glue but the red felt had adhesive backing that was very convenient!
Wrap one piece of yarn in a zig zag pattern (secure with hot glue to the back of the wreath before you begin). Then criss cross back over each heart with another piece of yarn.  Secure all in the back of the wreath with hot glue.
And you're done!!  
I made two to hang in the family room.
Linking up with:
Wow Us Wednesday
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Pin It

5 comments:

Katie said...

Oh no! That stinks about the ice storms and the internet! But I'm glad you are getting some wifi while you are out!

This is an awesome wreath! I love how it turned out! I am definitely pinning this for future use :)

Morgan said...

Those are so cute! I love yarn wreaths, but haven't done one of the argyle ones yet cause I didn't know how. I will have to now since you explained it! I love the valentine's colors. :)

Karen said...

Very cute! Thank goodness you have projects to keep you busy during this lovely weather. I've been catching up on my reading. Maybe I'll run out for supplies for these wreaths. They are adorable. Stay warm!!

Becky said...

I'm so glad you have your power back on. I've is really the worst, isn't it?

This wreath is the cutest ever! Love it!!

Jessica Pelasky said...

This is very pretty!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails