Wednesday, April 3, 2013

{Recipe} Green Velvet Cake Pops

Green Velvet Cake Pops!
These were gobbled up at our Irish Night party.  
My talented daughter made all of the desserts for me so that was a huge help!


She's a bit of a baking snob purist and doesn't like to use cake mixes.  
{I *made* her use cake mixes at her Cupcake Wars Party, much to her chagrin}
What's green velvet, you say?
It's just like red velvet which is a chocolate based cake with deep red food coloring. She used green food coloring(Wilton Kelly) and used this recipe for the cake.  She is also an icing snob purist, so she made her own buttercream icing. Not complaining!
If you want to learn how to make cake pops, you can see our technique here.
After rolling the cake balls, she inserted lollipop sticks and froze them.
The next day she dipped them in white chocolate candy melts and added green sprinkles.  Then she put them back in the freezer to harden up.  They can be stored in the fridge or at room temperature in an airtight container until you are ready to serve them.
Pin It

4 comments:

Life in Rehab said...

Oh, Heather, it's been too long! I'm stealing this recipe for our upcoming Game of Thrones birthday bash, with the appropriate link back of course! This looks Fab. U. Lous.

EG CameraGirl said...

They sound wonderfully decadent!

Katie said...

That is so awesome that your daughter makes all of her own cakes and frostings from scratch! That is way too much work for me, except for very special occasions :)

Morgan said...

Your girl is talented! I like to bake from scratch too :) It takes my back to baking with my grandmother who has since passed away. Brings back good memories! I bet your daughter's cake pops were delicious. :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails