Thursday, April 25, 2013

{Recipe} Hungry Girl Squash Stuffed Portobellos

I tried out another one of Hungry Girl's recipes.
This one looked interesting.
Ingredients:
2-3 large Portobello Mushrooms (she calls them Portobella..I looked it up and either way is acceptable--the smaller ones are sometimes called Baby Bellas)
1 Summer Squash-Green or Yellow, finely diced
2-3 wedges of Laughing Cow Light cheese, room temperature
 1 tsp Minced Garlic (I used the jar)
 1 tsp Dried onion(I used fresh)
1/2 tbs Parmesan Cheese (she called for reduced fat, I used regular Parmesan/Romano but used less)
Salt (to taste)
Ground Thyme (dash or more to taste)
Olive Oil Non-Stick Spray
Preheat oven to 375F.
In a bowl, combine cheese wedges, garlic,  dash of thyme, salt and onion. Set aside.
Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop. Add chopped stems to bowl.
Place a piece of foil onto a baking sheet and spray with non stick spray. Put the mushrooms, rounded side down on the foil and lightly mist with spray.
Back to the bowl.
Add squash and stir to combine, coating the vegetables with the cheese mixture.

Spoon the vegetable cheese mixture into the caps, there will be a lot. Pack it in!
Sprinkle with parmesan.
Place another sheet of foil over the mushrooms and seal the foil together around the edges to form a packet.
Place baking sheet in oven and bake 23-25 minutes until mushrooms are soft, tender and juicy.
Allow packet to cool a few minutes before opening.   You can cut to release the steam first. Be careful, it will be hot!
Serve immediately. Season with more salt and thyme if you like.
I served ours with brown rice and green beans.
They are filling and only 2 Points+/each!

Linking up with:
Catch a Glimpse
Sugar & Spice
Feature Yourself Friday
Sunday Showcase




Pin It

11 comments:

Jules said...

Those look absolutely delicious!!!! I LOVE mushrooms and throw in a little Laughing Cow and I am hooked!

The Preppy Student said...

that looks fantastic and only 2 points? AMAZING! I just found your blog and cannot wait to read more. I just followed you! I would love it if you could follow me back. I always comment back! The Preppy Student

Stephanie Timmins said...

What a wonderful recipe!
Do visit my blog and if you like,follow on GFC,Instagram,Twitter and Bloglovin and like my FB page too and leave a comment and i'll surely follow back!
http://feistyfoxdiaries.blogspot.in/

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

I've definitely got to try this recipe -- sounds yummy delicious!
So glad you stopped by my blog today!

Ruxandra Ioana said...

Gosh, I would love to stay with you o.O
I love good food !
Great blog as well
I am now following ^^
Would you visit mine and maybe follow back if you want :D ?
<< From Brussels, with Love>>

Bliss said...

Yum, pinning. Yesterday was national zucchini day.

Bliss

Katie said...

These look delicious! Hopefully I can get some mushrooms at the farmer's market next weekend! I have to try these out!

Claire Justine said...

These look so tasty,,, yummy :)

Desirae R said...

These look delish! Thanks for sharing

Jill said...

These look incredible! I'll be pinning it!

Jenny said...

I forgot all about Hungry Girl!

This looks delicious!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails