Thursday, April 11, 2013

Window Shopping at Ikea

You may or many not know that we've been working on a staircase gallery wall and it was finally coming together when two things occurred. 1) We had an unfortunate frame accident and 2) We realized that we needed a few more frames to complete the wall.
It was a sacrifice but I made the trip to Ikea for more frames.
While I was there, I felt it was my duty to see what was new/inspiring and report back. 
I took all of these photos with my Iphone.
I have a few of these red lanterns but I loved the bright poppy pink and orange ones for summer!
This petite sewing machine (that my daughter got for Christmas) was featured in a few room set ups. I'm always looking for sewing/craft room ideas.  This is kind of my dream crafting space.
Nothing was blooming yet so these faux gerbera daisies brightened my day.
I was drawn to this room and it's gorgeous blue wall, the whole set up made me want to repaint my dining room.
I've looked at this table so many times as a possible sewing room solution.  It folds down to almost nothing but extends and has storage too.  I took a photo this time, for good measure.
This was another sewing room idea that caught my eye.  Spools of thread and other notions were stored in large mason-type jars.  How clever is that?
I got sidetracked by this gorgeous bathroom tile.  It was pretty droolworthy!
I did find the frames I needed and a few other items jumped into my cart. 
I mean, what's a trip to Ikea without a few unplanned purchases.
In the back are curtains for the living room..finally!
Have you been to Ikea lately?
Linking up with:
Pin It

10 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm jealous. The nearest Ikea to us is about 3hrs away (and shipping is so horrendous that you can't even order anything online!). So - no window shopping for me. :(

Mel@JunkinJunky said...

That same thing happens to me too; stuff just jumps into my cart :)

I really like that fold down table that can be used for sewing...hmmmm, you've got me spinning my wheels now.

Katie said...

Oh my goodness! The orange and pink lanterns!!! My bank account should be very glad that the closest Ikea is 6 hours away!

I really like your sewing room inspirations. That table is wonderful. And the mason jar sewing storage is so cool!

Things always seem to jump into my cart at Ikea...and Target..and the grocery store...hehehe

Dawn said...

I heart ikea! Sounds like a nice trip!

Dawn
dmg314

Bliss said...

I have not been to IKEA in a long time, I would go but I'm worried about the stuff that is jumping into carts.

Bliss

Gracie O'Tripp said...

IKEA is fun.

Krystie said...

I don't have an IKEA near me, maybe that's for the best cause I could spend hours and hours in there regularly!
--- love the pink and orange lanterns too!

ps. . . found you on "Favorite things blog hop"

Jules said...

I have not been in over a year.....but there is a visit in my future. Once I get everything else settled from my move, I need a desk and Expedit storage. Looks like you saw a lot of great things....I am drooling over that blue wall and tile as well!

Morgan said...

Those little lanterns are so cute! Do you live near an Ikea? You are lucky if you do. :) I visit the one in Atlanta usually once each summer, but it is 4.5 hours away from me so I make it a special weekend trip and visit friends in ATL too.

I love walking through the showroom setups that they have. They can fit a lot into a small space!

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick

http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails