Monday, January 21, 2013

Winter Mantel

When the Christmas decorations came down I was ready for some calm and quiet decor.
The red and white mantel was pared down to just whites and naturals.
It's got kind of a snowy theme going with my snow ball garland and one of my winter scene terrariums.
We scored these cool candles for Christmas.  They come with a remote and the flame actually flickers very realistically. I found the deer candleholder in the Christmas clearance section of Target. He fits in with my white theme so he stays.
 

Soon, I'll be switching it up again for Valentine's Day but it's been nice to have it cool and white for the time being.  Do you go right into Valentine's Day from Christmas or do you have a little decorating hiatus like I do?

Linking up with:
Tabletop Tuesday
Your Creative Time Out
Feature Yourself Friday
Welcome To The Weekend
Pin It

11 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Your mantel looks calm and tranquel. Love all the different whites and profusion of candles!

I am boring. I decorate for Xmas with red and silver mercury glass and balance large mirrored ornaments on the tops of my silver candlesticks. I tuck a huge duck feather boa in between it all to simulate snow.
Then I put it all away and decorate with a sea theme for the rest of the yeqr...lots of stafish and huge shells on wooden blocks...boring I know...sigh...
I should think about decorating it for Easter but never have. We are always away at Easter though...

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love the all white, so pretty. I am with you, time for something a little more serene and you did such a great job of redoing the mantel. Beautiful. Hugs, Marty

P.S. This would be perfect to link to Table Top Tuesday this afternoon.

Anonymous said...


I could not resist commenting. Exceptionally well written!

Karen said...

Very pretty! I go all put for the Christmas decorating. Then, by the time I'm done putting it away I just don't feel like re-decorating! I'm lazy.

Katie said...

I love the calm snowy white with all of the candles! So perfect for this time of year.

We also have a decorating break before Valentine's Day. But I was in a cafe on Sunday and saw Valentine's decorations. So I'm getting ready to put mine up! I usually wait until February 1, but things might be early this year :)

Linda R said...

Your winter Mantel looks so pretty.

Linda~

Katherines Corner said...

I love the white! I always wait to decorate. I am hoping to get some V day decorations up sometime this week. xo

Debbiedoo's said...

Your winter mantel is just gorgeous. Love all the pretty white it compliments the brick.

Bliss said...

Looking good, and sounding ambitious. Week three here, naked mantel still.

Bliss

Jules said...

Love your winter mantel! The white and naturals are very beautiful and calming.

zhao yulan said...

Any time you online shopping sites shop smartly then quite mother of bride dresses possibly the most valuable of cocktail attire wedding dresses 2013 can soon be yours.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails