Saturday, January 12, 2013

Holiday Wrap Up

A quick-ish holiday wrap up with lots of pictures....
We did lots of baking and decorated gingerbread graham cracker cottages.
{One was a gingerbread kit from Ikea}
I had made some this way and then discovered this method (much easier!).
I like how they each have their own style.
 

They look so festive and it wouldn't be Christmas without them.
In other rooms...
The basement powder room got a little holiday sparkle.
My Starbucks Cup Angels landed on the new piano
and we rearranged the living room. 
It feels so much bigger in there with the old piano moved out.
Now you can really see the rug and windows (we moved the sofa from the window wall to the back wall and now we need some artwork!).
A view from the other side of the living room.
On Christmas Eve the neighborhood pitched in to distribute luminaries.
We also did a Pier 1 run to get water goblets for Christmas dinner. Doesn't everyone?
They did make the table sparkle a little more!
I like to set the table as early as possible. 
I used a mix of my Christmas china (Christmas Tree from The Cellar/Macy's), Target snow flake plates and my wedding china (Noritake-Sterling Cove) and tied them together with gold and silver chargers(Target brand) from Goodwill.
We went to the early candlelight service at church.
It was snowing when we came out of church..talk about Christmas Magic!
We went back to my mom's house for a relaxed and casual (not to mention delicious) dinner.
The girls can't come downstairs on Christmas morning until we've 1)made coffee 2) lit the fire and 3)turned on all of the Christmas lights).
They were in charge of breakfast this year (of course Miss Middle School set the table early).
College Girl whipped up some vegan gingerbread waffles.  
We also had cranberry bread, fruit salad, scrambled eggs, champagne(for the adults) and oj.
After a morning of presents, food and champagne we had to clean up and start getting ready for dinner.
The turkey went in the oven and was basted with leftover champagne from breakfast.
Of course we had to have something for the non-meat eaters. 
The kitchen table was set up for dinner too.
We managed to snap a few photos before our guests arrived (thanks to the tripod and camera remote).
We served appetizers in the family room.
More champagne...
and LOTS of food!
Another great Christmas!

Linking up with:
Pin It

8 comments:

The Thriftiness Miss said...

Looks like you guys had an amazing Christmas! I enjoyed looking at your pictures and I'm very interested in College Girl's vegan waffle recipe.. :)

Hope you're having an amazing week!

Jules said...

Beautiful Christmas recap post....looks like you had an amazing time! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Lindalou said...

Looks like you had a lovely holiday. I really like the idea of doing graham cracker houses.

Karen said...

Everything looks beautiful...and tasty :) I especially love your Starbucks angels. My daughter is a barista and she thinks they are adorable!

jeanetteann said...

My goodness it all looks so beautifully festive and the food good enough to eat :) lovely photo of the family too. You have beautiful daughters. x

Bliss said...

So first I was gonna say, Is it my imagination or does college girl look older in only 4 months of college, but now all I can think of is how many other people I know who might of had champagne basted turkey?

Bliss

Annmarie Pipa said...

fabulous photos!!! seems like blessings abound! good for all of you!
happy new year!!

Katie said...

I love all the touches of Christmas throughout the house! And your table with all the Christmas china is beautiful.

Running to Pier 1 is totally normal! We were at Macy's buying napkins :)

I especially love having champagne with Christmas breakfast! I'm going to have to remember that one!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails