Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Winter Scene Terrariums

Christmas Project #7 (But I may keep them up all winter).
You'll need:
Clear glass containers
Buffalo Snow
Tiny animals 
Small bottlebrush trees
I found everything at Michael's (and used containers I already had).
After carefully washing and drying the container, I added some of the snow and arranged the figures.

 

A few of them needed a little Museum Putty to keep them from falling over.
It's good stuff!
I used the museum putty on the pinecone tree in this one. The other trees were too tall for the lid to fit on.  I also added in a vintage bench and man (from my mother in law).
The scale is off (Look out for the giant fawn and fox!) but it's my fantasy snow world so I just go with it.
I placed them together in a snowy vignette in the family room.
See my Starbucks Cup Angels singing to them?
I couldn't stop myself, these were so much fun.
I used a cake stand for this one.
It also contains vintage pieces from the same set.
I've never known what to do with them and now I do!
 I put it on the dining room buffet.
 {sneak peek of my new curtains!}
Aren't they cute?
This is the only snow we have right now, how about you..is it snowing where you are?

Linking up with:
Wow Us Wednesday
Craftastic Monday
Tabletop Tuesday
Wicked Awesome Wednesday
Thursday Favorite Things
Pin It

7 comments:

Katie said...

These are great! I love the big fox and fawn with the little guy, it is very whimsical!

You should definitely keep them up all winter long :)

The new curtains look awesome!

We haven't had any snow yet either. There was some predicted for yesterday, but it didn't happen :(

Bliss said...

All my domes are sitting empty. I think I was just inspired.

Bliss

Life in Rehab said...

The dangers of blog stalking one of your favorite internet bloggers in a burst? I just did these over at my place, and had no clue you'd done them! They're almost exactly alike. I'm a little scared. That's it, lady, we have to do coffee one day, period!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh I love all of your terrariums. So beautiful. You have them arranged in such lovely vignettes. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

A Vintage Fairy said...

Very pretty winter scenes!

Katherines Corner said...

those are terrific. I like them all even the giants, giggle. Happy New Year wishes and thank you for sharing at the hop. I hope you will stop by again tomorrow for the new giveaway! xo

Donna Heber said...

Hi Heather,

Your winter scene terrariums are beautiful! I would definitely keep them up during the winter months to enjoy. I'm visiting from Thursday Favorite Things. Please feel free to stop by my blog to enter my giveaway.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails