Friday, January 4, 2013

Memories, Dreams & Reflections 2012

I'm participating in the uber talented Ashley's Memories, Dreams & Reflections 2012. It's always kind of daunting to pull this all together and made my brain hurt a few times but I'm glad I finished it.
This year I used a lot of my Instagram photos so it seems like I have double the photographs to look through. But as Martha says "it's a good thing!".

Below are the prompts, I kept the explanations because they helped me in this process (and in case you want to join in!)

1. Me! – picture of yourself (you don’t have to show your face). What are you most proud of accomplishing in 2012?
Well, at least I'm showing part of my face! I think I'm most proud of getting our first child off to college(and surviving)!

2. I Love You – picture of your husband, boyfriend, children, pets, etc.
You know these three by now.


3. Still Laughing… – a moment you’re still laughing about now…tell us a story.
The photo booth from my daughter's graduation party. This one is actually cute but some were quite funny!
4. Winter Wonderland – a picture that reflects Winter.
A castle in the snow. Last week we were out in the most beautiful snow fall and passed this cathedral. I had to get a photo (from the car with the window down-I wasn't driving!)


5. Birthday – share a birthday picture (your own or someone you love).


6. Friends – a picture with friends (this could be your friends or your children with their friends).
 From our Wine Tasting Party


7. I Was Inspired… – could be a picture of your inspiration (person or thing), or inspired by…


Trying my hand at a glitter shot.

8. Spring Fever – a picture that reflects Spring.
Walking through a pretty college campus.

9. Travel or Vacation – a picture taken on vacation or on a recent travel experience…even if it was only a few miles away.
Capturing this Isle of Palms shot on our  vacation to Charleston & Savannah.


10. Summer Days – a picture that reflects Summer.
11. A Day In My Life – a picture of a typical day in your life.
This was tough, but I do spend a lot of my time driving around  in my car (my hair's not always this fabulous though..I had just gotten it done!)


12. All Smiles – a picture that makes you smile or of smiling faces.
This photo is like a mystical unicorn...having all of the grandkids together and getting a great photo!

13. Autumn Harvest – a picture that reflects Autumn/Fall.
14. Family or Home – a picture of your family or a picture that represents family/home for you.
Father's Day 2012.
{all those long legs...lucky!}


15. Celebrate! – a picture that reflects a celebration.

16. Let’s Do It Again… – a picture of something you’d like to do again soon.


Let's go back to Savannah!
17. I Miss You – a picture of someone or something you really miss.
So symbolic, from her last event at high school before graduation.  I know she's going to keep on walking but I hope she always comes back!!


18. Beautiful – a picture of someone or something you find beautiful.
My most willing model (well, most of the time).


19. Dress Up – this might be a picture from Halloween or not…but someone who is all dressed up!
Prom 2012


20. Macro – share your favorite macro or close-up image.
I still haven't mastered macro but here's a try from my Conversation Heart Wreath.


21. Holidays – a picture from the Holiday of your choice.
The fire, the bokeh...the winter scene terrariums (new this holiday)..I just like it!


22. My Favorite – share your favorite picture or memory from 2012.


23. Don’t Ever Change – something you love about yourself, someone, or something that you never want to change.
The things I find on my camera sometimes! Keep on surprising me!
24. Just Because…So There! – share any picture(s) that you really want to share, but doesn’t fit in any other category.

Visiting a plantation in Charleston..I just love the look of this photo.

25. Hopes and Dreams – share what you hope to come or dream for 2013. Feel free to share an image of your choice. 

To improve my photography and continue taking LOTS of pictures in 2013!

Check out all of the other entries here and there's still time to participate if you're interested.
To see what I was remembering, dreaming about and reflecting upon in other years, click on the corresponding year- 2011 & 2010.

Pin It

17 comments:

Jules said...

Beautiful pictures, Heather! Loved hearing the story behind each one. The plantation and cathedral photos are stunning!

French Girl in Seattle said...

Now that's a fun post to start the year in style... like writing a story in pictures. Loved it. Thank you for sharing your personal photos with us! Happy New Year to you and your family (including the birdie who left the nest.) Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

Mel Mac said...

What sweet and beautiful memories. You are so good at documenting your life!

I love the photo of the girls with their dad on fathers day.

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

What a wonderful post Heather! Your photos are so awesome. Loved the one of River Street Inn, and the castle in the snow...and of course the ones of your family.

dee dee said...

Such a wonderful life! Your photos captures it all so well!
dee dee

Lindalou said...

Well done. This is quite a list to demonstrate in photo. I can see how it would make your brain hurt. Nice way to remember your year though.

mommy of Five said...

love these shots! thanks for sharing your year with us =0)

Karen said...

Great job Heather. I tried, but it made my brain hurt too much to finish :) Is that Bryn Athyn? Gorgeous! Your family is beautiful. Happy new year!

Katie said...

This is such a great post!

I remember seeing those photo booth shots during the party recap! They were too funny!

I love your winter wonderland shot! It is amazing. I would have had to have taken that shot (even if I was driving...I'd have pulled over!)

The flowers in the spring shot are so pretty. They look like snowflakes, but in spring :)

Your hair is looking fabulous in the day in my life shot! And the aviators are awesome too!

Your girls are gorgeous!

I think your dream for 2013 is perfect! Taking more pictures is definitely on my list too!

Katie said...

Oh - and a comment from AJ. Where did you get those aviators?

Debbiedoo's said...

You had an amazing year Heather. Your photo taking skillz have been amazing to watch grow too. Happy new Year girl!

Sheryl Mae said...

Hi Heather,

I just love the documentation of your life through photos, it's indeed your life in a click! I so love the picture on father's day 2012 for it simply shows a happy home and family.

Sheryl

Heather said...

@Katie the aviators are from Bloomingdales-Marc Jacobs. :)

xo,
-h

Morgan said...

I love your pictures Heather! Your "Day in the life" picture is gorgeous - I love your hair in that one. :)

Bliss said...

You know I have followed only for almost all of 2012 and felt like I got to know your whole family. Especially the mom who loves them all.

Thanks for linking up.

Bliss

Kisha Jaggers said...

New Follower!! Found you through Caseys linkup! Love your blog.. and when you have time hop over to my blog kjaggers.com and if you like what you see.. follow back! Happy New Year!!

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

Your pictures are amazing! found you via Casey wiegand!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails