Thursday, December 22, 2011

{Getting Crafty} Snowy Scene Glass Ornaments

I made these cute little ornaments the other night and they were quick and easy.
At first I started with just a bit of faux garland as a tree and some Kosher salt which I thought looked pretty cute but I thought I could do better.   {Pour Kosher salt into a clear glass ornament and add a snipped piece of garland.  Easy peasy!}
 After a quick trip to the craft store I decided to add a little more to my snowy ornaments.  To make these ornaments you'll need:
clear glass or plastic ornaments
Kosher salt
faux garland (I just snipped some off of my kitchen garland)=1 piece/ per ornament
spray adhesive
glitter
Christmas trim (I used gingerbread men)
Mini red and green sparkle pom poms
Tiny silver stars sequins
 Start by opening up the ornaments and spray the inside with a little spray adhesive.
 Pour in some Kosher salt and shake gently. Add a little silver and or white glitter.
 Set the ornament down (gently).
Spray the garland with adhesive. Shake salt onto the tree and add a little glitter on top of that.
 I put it in the spray adhesive cap to dry.
In the meantime, add the rest of your items to the ornament. I threw in a few of the sparkly pom poms.
Then some of the star sequins.
Next came the gingerbread man (he cannot wait to get in there!). I snipped the gingerbread men off of the trim and sprayed with a tiny bit of adhesive. Add him - and the little beads he was hooked on with if you like. I used a bamboo skewer to make sure he was upright.
Carefully push your garland tree into the ornament. It should be tall enough to reach the top of the ball so it stands up on it's own. Use the skewer to arrange objects that may have shifted.
Check out your scene and add back the top of the ornament.
I added these ribbon ties from Ikea to the ornaments for hanging.
They went together very quickly (all in about a half an hour!).
Tie all of your ribbon holders onto the ornaments and they are ready to go.  I will probably add the year in metallic marker.
They are ready for hanging on your tree or
 for gift giving.

Linking up with:
Pin It

9 comments:

Morgan said...

Aw! Those are so sweet and cute! I love homemade ornaments. =)

Love Of Quilts said...

Sweet!Merry Christmas Trish

Tanya @ Lovely Greens said...

Brilliant! Those would go down well at a Christmas market I think :) I'm definitely going to save this on Pinterest as a future project - thanks for sharing!

Celestial Charms said...

These are absolutely adorable. Love the cute little snowmen. Thanks for sharing!
Maureen

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

I really wanted to make these this year.

Trish said...

Sooo cute! They turned out great! Thank you so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday. Hope to see you again this week!

Trish - Mom On Timeout
http://www.MomOnTimeout.com

debra said...

So cute! :)

Katie said...

O-M-G this is too cute for words!!!

Debbiedoo's said...

Simply sweet Heather. Thanks for sharing with my party. Great tut too.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails