Wednesday, December 7, 2011

{Recipe} Starbucks Hack - Peppermint Brownie Cake Pops

Have you seen these yummies at Starbucks?  I thought they were so pretty and looked tasty.
 We recreated them for my daughter's Kick-Off the Christmas Season Party at school.
We haven't made cake pops since this party.
{Red Velvet Cake Balls}
Well technically these were cake balls not pops, but the technique is the same.
I The Tween followed a basic brownie cake pop recipe - baked up a batch of brownies (8x8 pan) from a mix, let it cool completely, crumbled up the brownies and stirred in a half can of chocolate icing until well blended.  Rolled into balls and chilled them in the freezer until they were ready to dip in
 white chocolate melts, then sprinkled with crushed candy canes.
YUM!
We use this old piece of styrofoam to hold the cake pops as they harden up.
After the chocolate has hardened, they can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them.
I displayed them in this metal tub with florist foam inside to hold the pops, then wrapped a ribbon and added a tag to it so the students would know what they were.  A great grab and go treat!

one year ago Finding our Tree




Pin It

14 comments:

Morgan said...

Those are so cute! And they sound delicious.

Love Of Quilts said...

They look yummy! I have been in starbucks one time while traveling we don't have one any where close by. Merry Christmas

Angie said...

Humm yummy brownie pops! I have been wanting to make some of these..

I found you on TT&J and would love for you to come by and link this up and any other projects at my Create and Inspire Party.. I'm giving away a $25 Gift Card to Micheal's if interested! ;)

http://www.littleinspiration.com/2011/12/create-and-inspire-party-and-contest.html

I'm now following and looking forward to your new posts!

Thanks,
Angie from A Little Inspiration

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

I love your cake pops… and they would make a great addition to our party!

We are having hosting 12 days of Christmas Goodies, and today is CAKE BALLS or CAKE POP recipes! We would love for you to come by and link-this up!

http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/12/12-days-of-christmas-goodies-day-8-red.html

Katie said...

What an awesome idea!! I had one of these at Starbuck's recently and loved it - I'm defintely going to have to try making my own - thanks for sharing!! :)

Trish@MomOnTimeout said...

These looks sooo good! Thank you so much for sharing at last week's Taking A Timeout Thursday party. Hope to see you again this week :)

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

These look DELICIOUS!! AND so pretty!! I am your newest follower! I'd love for you to follow me back, if you want ot =-)
Merry Christmas,
Beth
www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com

Emily said...

These look AMAZING! I almost wouldn't want to eat them because they are so pretty... :) Would love for you to link up @ Find Your Craft Friday over on my blog!

Have a great Friday!
Emily @ BabyBerry
http://weinzapfelbabyberry.blogspot.com/

Angelgirlpj said...

It so funny, I had never heard of cake pops until 2 days ago. Yours look so good.

Really Rainey said...

Those are so pretty! Those are such a prefect dessert!

Rainey @ The Project Table

Andrea said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing!

Andrea said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing!

Seizing My Day said...

Love how you displayed them! is there a foam block in the tin? I love making/eating cake pops! My daughter wants to make these peppermint ones... we are thinking that we will add a little peppermint extract to the cake/frosting before rolling... to give it that extra mint boost!! =)

Heather said...

@SeizingMyDay..yes I used floral foam in the tin. I was taking them into my daughter's school and needed a way to display them for easy taking!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails