Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Lights Sanity Savers

One of the best things about Christmas is enjoying all of the holiday lights... but the lights can also be a major source of frustration if one or more of the bulbs goes out.
 This Light Keeper Pro is the answer (and no, I'm not getting anything from the company to promote this product).  
With a few pulls of the trigger you can get your string of lights back on (without removing it from the tree!!).  They call it "plug, click & fix". There are also alternate methods for checking your light strings and bulbs as well as an audible voltage detector.  
 The other sanity saver also has to do with lights, namely turning them on and off every day and what a pain that can be. This is actually BS (Brilliant Sister)'s idea--TIMERS!
 I've hooked up most of my light displays to timers and what a pleasure it is to see them click on in the late afternoon and off in the evening as I'm going to bed.  I even have some going on in the morning to greet me as I make the coffee (and going off again an hour or two later).
You can plug them in and forget about them. I don't use a timer on our real tree, just to be safe because I don't put the lights on unless we are home.
 I have 10 timers set up at the moment.  I didn't buy them all in one year but I've added a few each year to our collection.
We have them on our outside lights too (you need a special timer designed for outdoors).

Do you have any sanity savers or tips for a less stressful holiday?

one year ago...Holiday Open House-Dining Room
Linking up with:
Crazy Cute Thursday
Pin It

3 comments:

Morgan said...

I want both of them, haha! There are a few bulbs out on our tree and I've been neglecting to fix them so that first tool would be really awesome for me to have.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I need to get one of those light fixers next year if I decide to bring out the old faux tree.

Celestial Charms said...

That light fixer would make a great stocking stuffer! ;)
The timer is now on my list of things to get for next year. Looks so convenient.
Maureen

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails