Monday, December 19, 2011

{Tradition}Our Christmas Photo Album

What to do with all of those adorable photo cards you receive every year? 
 I've come up with a solution to keep the photos and our family's Christmas memories all in one album. I got this album from Creative Memories but any photo album would work (acid free, of course)
 It started out as a way to keep our Christmas photos together. For each year I'd do a one or two page spread.  I started it the year my husband I met.  I thought I was pretty fancy with my wreath layout.
 This page is from the year we got married, got our first tree and had our first apartment.
It's fun to look back at our meager decorations and skinny tree.  We started the tradition of going to a tree farm that year and we still continue that tradition today.
Yikes, sorry about the blur on this one.
 Here's the year we bought our first home.
 The year I was pregnant with Baby #1.
Another "fancy"layout, don't get too dizzy looking at it.
 Her first Christmas
 Then it really started to get fun!
 Our first photo card.
 I started keeping all of the photos and cards we got.  
 Some years I'd make a pocket to hold them all.
 Baby #2 is here!!
I used our card to make a pocket for the cards. That is still one of my MOST favorite photos!! I have the poster size framed and hanging in our den.
 Over the years we've gotten more and more cards so I crop the photos to make them fit. I also make sure to add the names of the family and the year.
 We love looking through the album every year and seeing the kids grow up right before our eyes.
 I still do a two page spread for each year of our festivities.
But in keeping it real, I'm two years behind on all of it.
I keep the cards in the back of the album until I have time to work on them.  
What do you do with your photo cards?

Pin It

8 comments:

Bienvenue chez French Girl in Seattle... said...

Wonderful post, very personal and fun to look at. Perfect timing for it, too. Still chasing that "Martha Stewart award" I see ;-) Joyeux Noel! Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

Annie@Letters to Mo said...

What a great idea! I love this! I'm not much of a scrapbooker, but I feel like I could handle one for Christmas memories!

Morgan said...

Aw! I love your book! It made me feel so nostalgic for our old Christmas pics.

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

That is the coolest book Heather. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Online virtual worlds for kids said...

Lovely photo album and awesome pictures.

Brandi said...

I love how organized your photos are! That one picture of your girls is so precious! Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Jenny B. said...

what a great book! Love the red :)

Katie said...

What a great idea! This is the first year I've lived on my own, but I took all the cards we got and bound them together like a little book with ribbon.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails