Sunday, August 1, 2010

J'♥Montreal! Part 3

To catch up, here's Part 1 and Part 2 of our trip.
Saturday we decided to SHOP right in downtown Montreal. What a great day for shopping, they close off Rue Sainte Catherine and all of the stores have sidewalk sales. It was like a huge, upscale flea market.


This one was in her element!
(I think it was BCBG)
I really wanted to go to Roots and the store did not disappoint. LOVE their reusable shopping bags too.

In the evening we went down to Old Montreal by the water to view the Fireworks Competition. It was Team USA that week, oh well.

You can actually stand on this bridge to watch them but we weren't quite brave enough for that.
On Sunday we used our Musee/Metro pass again and hit up two museums in one day!
First off the Montreal Science Centre. It was full of really cool, interactive exhibits. Here's me on the infrared camera taking a picture of me taking a picture.

Learning about leverage.
This huge bubble maker was so cool!

Lunch at another charming outdoor cafe (getting some cards in while we wait)
Look who trotted by!
How I kept busy while we waited for our food to arrive.
Loved this little shop!

Then it was over to Pointe-a-Calliere(Montreal Museum of Archeology and History). This museum is built right over an archaeological site of the city's birthplace. 

It was very interesting!  There was a special exhibit about Easter Island that we also toured.



Pin It

12 comments:

Lana said...

Can't wait for the next installment ;-)

Mel said...

Il semble que vous n'avait un grand temps. Maintenant, je veux aller trop.

It looks like you had a great time. Now I can't wait to go too.

Morgane @ Bear,Dolly and Moi said...

I am also a big fan of Montreal (and Quebec in general!) It looks like you had a great time. It is fun to see all of your family activities! It makes me want to go back!
Thanks for visiting.

Life in Rehab said...

I've decided to just live vicariously through you.

Julie Harward said...

I d love taking vacation through peoples blogs...no hassles to endure at the airports etc. and the rates can't be beat! LOL

Pam @ diy Design Fanatic said...

Looks like such a fun trip!

Debbie said...

You sure packed a lot in right? Looks awesome, can't wait to see more:)

Le Chateau des fleurs said...

OH FUN! Great pictures! WOW You had a wonderful trip! So glad you took pictures and blogged about it! Thank you SO much for linking your super trip!
Xo

Michelle said...

Okay, this is just beautiful! Looks like you had an amazing trip. I so want to go to Montreal now:-)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I've never been to Montreal, but we have been to Banff and Quebec. I love the Roots store. Both times we went I bought t-shirts their and still wear them all the time. Looks like a great place to visit. Have fun.

Debbie Does Coupons said...

Great Pics. I am a new follower from Welcome Wednesday.
Please visit me at http://debbiedoescoupons.com

Katie Bower said...

love those body bubbles! Thanks so much for leaving me this link...it definitely made me want to visit :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails