Thursday, February 2, 2017

{Get Thrifty} Thursday 02.02.17

It's already February 2nd!! That means winter is moving right along even though the groundhog saw his shadow this morning. Boo!  I guess I'll need to keep those sweaters around a little longer. Speaking of sweaters, I had some great thrifting luck last week at Goodwill.  I thought it would be fun to show how I can style up the pieces I bought.  Try not to notice the ironing board in the background. Also my mirror is an antique so it always looks dirty..that's mottling, people!
 First up is this SWEET ivory Lauren Conrad sweater. I saw this as I was about to check out and didn't feel like trying it on so I took a chance on it. I usually love all LC stuff and the size looked about right.  It fits!
 The sweater is soft and feminine with metallic threads running through it (hard to see) and an adorable bow at the back of the neck!  Of course I'm wearing it with my romantic thrifted necklace.
 I can't seem to quit striped tops!! I have about 10 in my closet right now (and that's after purging!).  This LOFT top was a different spin on stripes.  See how the arm stripes are coral and the torso stripes are navy??
 It also has a cute zipper detail on the shoulder!
Trying to get that tree pose in this I LOVE H81 plaid button down.  When I first styled it I tried it on with  my Primark skinny jeans (in all photos) and my TOMS wedge booties.
 When I actually wore it out to run errands, I paired it with these flat olive booties (also from Primark).  I love the little ruffle detail along the button placket.
 This H & M sweater is so soft and flowy. It feels like you're wearing pjs!
It could use a tank underneath because the neckline is quite wide.
 I've been on the hunt for a little black blazer and I tried on about 6 different ones. This one by Miss Michelle came home with me.  I was a little hesitant to wash it in the machine but it washed up beautifully and kept it's shape!
 I can't wait to 'play' more with this piece. I forgot how pulled together blazers make you look!   I got all of these tops for under $30!  
 Let's Keep In Touch!

  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
                                                        


Pin It

4 comments:

Tamar SB said...

I love your style and your thrifty abilities!!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Wow Heather, you have some really nice outfits and I bet the price was great too! They all look so nice on you. Enjoy wearing them. :) Julie

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I love your style my friend! These new tops paired with the skinny jeans and wedges are adorable! Love the LOFT striped blouse and plaid tunic! I also love LC, I remember that very same sweater in her collection! It's perfect with your beautiful necklace!

Carla from The River said...

Hi,
I like how you shared your finds by wearing them. And how to accessorize with them. Fun!
As always, you ROCK GIRL!!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails