Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Apple Roses

Here's a sweet treat for Valentine's Day or any day of the year. They are easier than they look and pretty darn cute!
You can see all of the how-to information on this video. It popped up in my Facebook feed last year and I've been wanting to try these ever since.
 You only need a few simple ingredients: puff pastry, red apples, lemon juice, preserves and cinnamon.
 Core and cut the apples so they are in very thin slices.  The apples go into a large bowl with water and lemon juice and get microwaved for about 3 minutes to soften them.  Make the glaze of preserves and water (used apricot).  Roll out the puff pastry and cut into six slices.
 Assemble the roses by spreading the glaze over a slice of pastry and arranging the apples, then sprinkle with cinnamon and fold the bottom half of the pastry up. Roll from left to right (see video) into a rose shape.
Like this.  *Tip* Thinner, softer apples will work best here.
Pop each rose into a muffin tin and bake at 375F for 40-45 minutes.  The tops of mine were browning so I covered them with foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
 Decorate with powdered sugar.
Amaze your friends and family!  Are you making anything special for Valentine's Day?
Let's Keep In Touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png



Pin It

6 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Amazing!! Those are gorgeous!!

Love Of Quilts said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Carla from The River said...

Hi Heather,
Oh my!! I am pinning and making.
Thank you for sharing!
Happy Valentine's Day,
Carla

Clairejustine oxox said...

Love these. I need to make some again :) Hope you both had a lovely Valentine's Day Heather :):)

Creations By Cindy said...

Now that's what I called a pretty rose and I am quite sure a tasty one! Dang...I might need to try this. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

These are beautiful!!!!! I hope you had a sweet Valentines Day my friend! xo

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails