Friday, February 17, 2017

{Recipe} Devilish Potatoes

I made these tasty devils for snacking on during the Superbowl.  I was intrigued by the idea of a deviled egg taste and consistency without an actual egg.  There are a few versions out there and I tweaked them to make my own.
Devilish Potatoes-Vegan

  •  1 1/2 pounds of small golden potatoes (like Yukon)
  • 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked for 2 hours (or in boiling water for 20 minutes)
  • 3/4 cup vegetable broth
  • 1/2 tsp tumeric
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp dried mustard
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • pinch of black pepper
  • smoked paprika for garnish
To make:
Preheat oven to 350F, cut potatoes lengthwise, spray with cooking spray or drizzle with olive oil. Place cut side down on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes (or until fork tender).

While the potatoes are baking, place drained cashews into high speed blender and blend with vegetable broth and tumeric until smooth.

Once potatoes are cooked and cooled enough to handle. Scoop out the centers, leaving about 1/4 inch around the sides.  Add the scooped potatoes to a large bowl and mash while still warm.  Add cashew cream, mustard, salt, lemon juice and pepper and mix well.  Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.  

Chill mixture in fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.  Once chilled, fill the scooped potatoes with the filling with a spoon or pastry bag.  Sprinkle with smoked paprika and serve.
Can be served cold or at room temperature.


Let's Keep In Touch!






Pin It

5 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Oooohhhh these look delicious! I love that they don't have the egg consistency - or smell! I'm going to remember this recipe the next time we have people over. I love that this is so healthy and turmeric is my new BFF!

Tamar SB said...

Perfect for the egg allergy! Will pin this for sure!

Love Of Quilts said...

Sounds yummy !

Carla from The River said...

Oh my, yummy. My boys love potatoes.

Jessica Pelasky said...

What a neat treat! :)

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails