Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Winter Mantel

After Christmas I like to tone down the mantel and create a calm focal point for our family room.
 I can't quite give up the snowy and wintry decor but I want to keep it neutral.  I do this by using shades of white, cream and silver.  The white cut-out candle holder was a Christmas gift. I love how the candlelight shines through it.
The snowball bunting was from last year.  I think I found it at Target.  It's an upgrade from this one.
My favorite way to enjoy it is with a fire going in the fireplace and lots of candles glowing.  After the Christmas wreaths come down I like to decorate the front doors with some seasonal decor too. These Popsicle Stick Snowflakes are still holding up and making a bold visual statement on the house.
Do you do any winter specific decorating?

 Let's Keep In Touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up:
Cooking and Crafting with J & J

Pin It

7 comments:

Anna of Mutton Style and Years said...

This is something we really don't do in the UK. It looks lovely and I like the concept of changing it up.

laura@notatrophywife.com said...

Love the mantel! I just cleared out everything. I try to keep winter decor up, but when we don't have snow it's hard to keep it going! Of course, that means we will get a blizzard in a few weeks and I will bunnies and eggs on my mantel! Enjoy! laura

Tamar SB said...

So welcoming and wintry!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I love your mantel and have to check out your DIY snowflake! I have a winters wreath on the front door, a DIY I did last year. It's still hanging in there!

Carla from The River said...

I like the banner. What a fun idea.
I use snowmen and have my nutcracker collection still on display. I like to enjoy my nutcrackers longer then just for Christmas.
Beautiful work, Heather. I like how you decorate.
Carla

Morgan said...

I don't really have any winter decor outside of our Christmas stuff. I need to come up with something! I love changing things up a little! :)

Right now I just have Valentine's Day things out. I need to create some sort of snowflake banner to use next winter. I love the snowflake door decoration, so sweet!

Jessica Pelasky said...

Looks so pretty! :)

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails