Friday, September 9, 2016

{DIY} Quick Mirror Transformation with Chalk Paint

This was a quick and easy project using chalk paint.  
A few weeks ago Miss High School picked up this mirror on one of our thrifting trips. She planned to paint it and I suggested using chalk paint because I've had good luck with it in the past and I had some left over from previous projects. #winwin
She gathered a few supplies for the project.  She used American Deco Chalk Finished Paint from Michael's in Yesteryear.
The painters tape was hard to slip under the intricate design of the mirror, so she slid paper under instead and taped it down.
She gave it two coats of paint on each side.
When it was dry she used the chalk paint wax to finish it off.
Voila!

The detail is even more pronounced now that it's painted a soft grey.  From drab to fab!
I "borrowed" it for a few photos.  It sure looked nice in the family room but it didn't stay there long. She did inspire to do my own chalk paint mirror project though...coming soon!

Other Chalk Paint Projects:
Pin It

8 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hi Heather,
I love the idea of turning a mirror into a tray and your daughter did a great job. I will have to make one for my daughter too. Thanks for sharing the idea!! :)
Hope you have a nice weekend.
Julie xo

Bliss said...

I think I had one just like it at her age that I kept on my dresser with perfumes and girly stuff on top of it.

Tamar SB said...

That's so great!

Clairejustine oxox said...

Love this idea Heather, I need to buy some chalk paint for a few ideas I have. I love how you used the mirror to display your beautiful candles. I would have never though of that :) Thanks for linking up..

Carla from The River said...

I want one!! :-)
Beautiful!

Dawn Gross said...

Fun project - and easy to finish. I've had a mirror I want to spray paint turquoise ... it's been on my to do list for 2 years!?!? Because spray painting is so difficult. 😂😂😂

Ida said...

That turned out really pretty.

Jessica Pelasky said...

Oh what a neat idea! :)

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails