Thursday, September 1, 2016

{Recipe} No-Bake Peanut Butter "Goo Balls"

I tried a vegan dessert at a restaurant in Pittsburgh.  It was called a Goo Ball and it sounded really good (and it was!).  It was "A hearty ball of yum, rich with flavor. Agave, peanut butter, flax seed and coconut with chewy oats, crisped brown rice and vegan chocolate chips!"
 I attempted to make my own version at home but I forgot to add the flax seeds and coconut. I will definitely be adding them next time.  The beauty of this recipe is that you can play around with the ingredients and they are still going to turn out well.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Goo Balls
Ingredients:
1/2 cup rolled oats (not instant)
1/2 cup puffed rice cereal
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
2 TBS natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)*
2 TBS agave*
Optional:
2 TBS flax seeds
1/4 cup shredded coconut
*note: if using regular sweetened peanut butter, you might want to use less agave*
To make:
Put dry ingredients into a bowl
 Melt peanut butter and agave together in the microwave or on the stove until pourable consistency.  Pour over dry ingredients in the bowl and stir to combine.
 Spoon out balls onto a parchment lined plate.  I used a mini ice cream scoop.
 Use your hands (wet them if it gets too sticky) to firm up the mixture.
 Refrigerate until firm.
Enjoy this healthy treat!
Let's keep in touch!
Pin It

9 comments:

Pam Jackson said...

Oh YUMMY.....sounds awesome. I will have to give this a try. Thank you for sharing and thank you for coming by the blog and leaving a comment. Have a great day.

Tamar SB said...

I love making this!! Hope you'll come share at Little Things!

Carla from The River said...

Hi,
Pinned!! Thank you!!
Have a great Labor Day Weekend!
Carla

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Another delicious one Heather! I know my girls will appreciate these… I will too! Thanks for sharing !!!!

Clairejustine oxox said...

Oh wow, the look great Heather. I could just eat one or two :)

Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop..

Summer said...

Love the ingredients! These look so yummy ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Made these TODAY!!! Thank you! SO SO Good!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

These sound really good Heather!
Thanks for sharing the recipe to make them with us at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
Enjoy the week.
Julie xo

Jessica Pelasky said...

These sound so tasty! :)

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails