Wednesday, November 19, 2014

{Recipe} Red Lentil and Turnip Soup


Even though the calendar says it's still fall, the temperature is screaming winter right now. Our temps have fallen drastically over the last few days so I'm glad I've been ahead of the curve in my soup making endeavors.
This Red Lentil Soup with Turnips and Parsley showed up on my Facebook page courtesy of Martha Stewart Whole Living.
 I was intrigued by the turnips since I've never cooked with them (or even bought one).  The soup is a nutrition powerhouse so you won't feel the slightest bit guilty about having seconds (or thirds).
 It's packed with fiber that will keep you full as the soup warms you up.
The turnips add a potato like feel to the soup with a lot fewer calories.   I was never a big fan of lentils or lentil soup growing up, but now I'm a super fan!
What's your favorite soup?
Do you follow?
Pin It

5 comments:

Tamar SB said...

What a great combo!

Debbiedoos said...

Good ole comfort right here. I love lentils!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

We have turnip every Thanksgiving but I've never tried them in soup - but I will! Pinning! :)

Becky said...

Turnips. Hmm. Might have to check this one out!! We love to make double batches of all kinds of soup and then freeze the leftovers and have a quick and easy second meal ready to go!!

Bliss said...

I'm a turnip fan. My mom always added them to stew. I never thought to add them to other soups. Can smell my house now if I add them to the next batch of bean soup and it's not a good smell!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails