Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Apple Picking

A few weekends ago the hubs and I went apple picking at our favorite orchard.
It's good to know the rules!
 It was a beautiful day for apple picking.
You don't have to take the tractor wagon out to the orchard but it's kind of fun.
 We picked four of the five varieties that they had available.
 By "we", I mean "he".
 We He picked Keepsake, Melrose, Fuji and Braeburn apples.
 I had to take pictures! 
Here's one of me actually picking some of the apples.
We came home with about 30 pounds of apples.
 I immediately started a pot of my Crock Pot Applesauce.
I also made some mini apple crisps by request but other than that, we've been enjoying them au naturale.

Do you follow?
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Pin It

13 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Yay for getting to go apple picking!

Jules said...

Beautiful pictures and what a fun adventure! The applesauce looks delicious.

Debbiedoos said...

That looks like fun! The applesauce looks pretty amazing too!

Dawn Gross said...

Love Apple's this time of year! That applesauce looks delish!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Love apple picking! Looks like the perfect Fall day!

Becky said...

How much fun!! I love your Apple picking outfit too!!

Creations By Cindy said...

What fun and I bet they were good too! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh how fun is this. I would love to go apple picking, but here in the desert, that's not about to happen. Love the applesauce too.

Ida said...

What fun and hey you've got a great idea, take pictures, have hubby pick apples.
Oh your link for the recipe some reason is taking people to my blog dashboard instead.

Ida said...

What fun and hey you've got a great idea, take pictures, have hubby pick apples.
Oh your link for the recipe some reason is taking people to my blog dashboard instead.

Ida said...

What fun and hey you've got a great idea, take pictures, have hubby pick apples.
Oh your link for the recipe some reason is taking people to my blog dashboard instead.

Carla from The River said...

Yummy!!
I just love your Crock Pot Applesauce.
Fun photos and great write up of your adventure. :-)

Bliss said...

Trivia: The Keepsake apple was developed by the University of Minnesota. So you can think of me when you eat those.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails