Thursday, November 20, 2014

{Get Thrifty} Thursday:Thanksgiving Edition

We're hosting both families this year for Thanksgiving (31 people as of right now!). I'm doing a trial run of our table(s) and sharing all of the thrifted goodness that I plan on using.
 I'm going to use four long folding tables and set them up in the basement so we can all(hopefully) eat together in the same room.   I ordered some inexpensive white table cloths and burlap runners to give the tablecloths a rustic look.  You can't go wrong with simple white and burlap and I will defintiely reuse them all.  Then I pulled out my stash of fall type decor.
 Most of it is thrifted or free!  
 I'm using disposable (gasp) dishes this year to keep my Thanksgiving as stress free and relaxing as possible so the chargers really "joodge" up the clear plates.   I have a mix of silver and gold chargers and I'm on the thrifting hunt for some more --I definitely didn't have 31 in my collection! Will keep you posted!
 I'm always on the look out for clear, silver and white candlesticks in different heights.  They seem to work well together and by using white candles, I can tie them all together.  I probably wouldn't buy turkey salt & pepper shakers at full price, but when I found them at a thrift store, I scooped them right up. They are more decorative than functional.  So that's where I am right now with our table settings for Thanksgiving. I still need to wash and iron the cloths but I'll do that right before I put them on the tables and in keeping it real around here.....
....the other end of the table.  You're welcome!

Do you follow?
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up with:
Thursday Favorite Things
Pin It

6 comments:

Tamar SB said...

So pretty!!

Carla from The River said...

I think it looks wonderful.
Love the free ideas. Nature is so fun to use. I am using it for my place setting this year. I am making birch bark place settings. Hope to blog them next week. :-)

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Very pretty - so many great ideas here, thank you :)!

Becky said...

It looks fantastic!! I LOVE that you're all sitting together too!! Great idea to look for similar candlesticks in different heights!! The other day I saw where someone bought a ceramic, decorative, turkey that was painted in fall colors. She spray painted that puppy off white to go with her other decor and let me tell you, it rocked my world!

Katie said...

This is so pretty! I love that you are using all white candles in the different candle holders - I have to remember to do that to tie everything together!

The chargers with the disposable plates is a great idea. With 31 people, I would definitely do the same. Having to wash all those dishes would definitely make for a stressful night around here!

I was just gifted very similar turkey salt and pepper shakers. They were my great aunt's, and then my mom's, but since Thanksgiving is "ours", my mom gave them to me!

Bliss said...

What's on the menu?

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails