Wednesday, November 20, 2013

{Recipe} Pumpkin Pancakes [Sugar, Dairy, Egg-Free]

As soon as this recipe popped up on Chocolate Covered Katie, I knew I wanted to try it.  Last night was the perfect time to try them out on Miss Middle School.  It was just the two of us for dinner and we had both been drooling over them and....
I had all of the ingredients on hand (yay!).
 

Pumpkin Pancakes
Whisk dry ingredients in a bowl {1/2 cup flour (I used half whole wheat), scant 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 tsp cinnamon}.
Whisk wet ingredients in another bowl {2TBS agave, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup plus 3 TBS pumpkin puree, 2 tsp oil, 1 tsp vanilla}.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well.
 Pour batter by small spoonfuls onto skillet that is set at medium heat, spread the batter out so it doesn't all sit in the middle of each pancake.
*I thinned mine with a little more almond milk.*
Flip when the sides look dry. 
 This is supposed to make 16 tiny pancakes.
I made 9 small-ish ones.
They were so good! 
Are you sick of pumpkin yet?
I'm not!
Linking up with:
Pin It

4 comments:

Jules said...

Those look scrumptious! And I love having pancakes for dinner!!!!

Katie said...

These look awesome! What a fun dinner for you and Miss Middle School!

I'm sadly sick of pumpkin :( But I did take a nice long break from it, and I've been drinking my pumpkin tea again, so maybe I'm not so sick of pumpkin anymore!

Becky said...

These look delicious! We love pumpkin pancakes here! I've been off the pumpkin kick for a week or two. I'm on to peppermint now ;)

Mama Hen said...

Oh my goodness this looks scrumptious! I have to try this! I know my little one would love these! Hope all is well! :) Have a great weekend!

Mama Hen

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails