Monday, November 25, 2013

Learning Photoshop CS6

You may remember that I took a photography class recently and I wanted to keep that momentum going so I signed up for Lisa's Photoshop Basics class.
I'd never used Photoshop and I've always wanted to learn it. 
It's tough (very!)and slow going but here are a few of my edited pics from the first two weeks of class.
Week 1 {Before} 
SOOC(Straight Out Of the Camera)
Week 1 {After}
Edited
I did some complexion smoothing and background sharpening.
Week 2 {Before}
SOOC
Week 2 {After}
Worked on skin tones (still a little dark but ok because we're at the beach), sharpening, hues and brightness and color balance.  You can also see I 'fixed' the stray hair  on College Girl's head.
There are so many tools in Photoshop! Good thing I have Cheat Sheet from Lisa!
Onto Week 3!

Pin It

6 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Love the edits! I am still editing in aperture - not ready to make the jump to photoshop!

Jules said...

Your edits look great!!!! I am thinking that I am eventually going to give PS Elements a try....not just because I am technologically hindered, but cost wise! Keep up the great work!

Mel@JunkinJunky said...

Well done! This is something I should do, but I never seem to make time for it. You are inspirational.

Bliss said...

You have no idea how happy I am to know you will never again have a stray hair.... Anywhere!

Becky said...

Wow, I'm super impressed! This is something I don't think I could ever tackle! Great job!

Katie said...

Awesome job! I love your second edit - I'm super impressed that you fixed College Girl's hair!

I've tried photoshop, and I used to use it more often, but now I use picmonkey more than anything. Of course, it can't fix hair and all that, but I'm not that advanced with my photo editing yet! Maybe one day...

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails