Wednesday, November 27, 2013

{Pinned}Vegetarian/Vegan Thanksgiving Ideas

We're visiting family for Thanksgiving this year but we're still going to make a few things to take with us. 
Here's what I've been pinning and hope to make.
Let's have dessert first!
I know they'll be serving a few different fruit pies so I'm thinking chocolate!
Only 4 ingredients!
I'm going to use the Candy Cane Joe Joe's (they are TJ's version of Oreos).
Now that dessert is out of the way, onto the main course for those of us who don't eat meat.
We had this last year for Christmas and it was delicious!
I hope we have sandwich leftovers for the next day.
Mashed Potatoes
Nothing pinned here because the hubs willingly makes these every year.
Here's the 20 pound bag of potatoes that we bought. He'll probably make about 15 pounds in total, leaving a small amount veganized (easy with vegan butter and almond milk).
I'm not a huge gravy fan but it is nice to have a little for the mashed potatoes and stuffing.
The Vegan doesn't care about stuffing (the horror!) but most stuffings are made with chicken stock so I'm going to try a version of the recipe for the vegetarians/vegans. I like that they are portion controlled this way too!

What food are you looking forward to tomorrow?




Pin It

5 comments:

Tamar SB said...

All sounds delicious! I have had that lentil loaf - so good!!

Jules said...

Looks like a delicious meal in the making!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Mama Hen said...

Delicious! That chocolate pie looks yummy! Hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Mama Hen

Becky said...

Everything looks so good! I know it all turned out delicious :) My mom/grandma makes noodles from scratch every year and that's what I look forward to!

Katie said...

This looks so good!

Love that big bag of potatoes for mashed potatoes! They are my favorite, I could eat them every day.

That pie looks amazing!

Like College Girl, stuffing isn't my favorite. But I love the idea of stuffing muffins so it is portion controlled, and probably much easier to heat up for leftovers too!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails