Friday, August 12, 2016

{Random} What I've Been Up To

Summer has been flying by and I haven't been posting as much as I usually do.  I'm even late in posting today because I went to yoga this morning. #namaste
 I went through my camera roll and here's a recap of what else I've been up to.
Making Dark Chocolate "Nice-Cream" with swirled PB2 and coconut chips.  I've been making different versions of this banana soft serve for years.  For the how-to's, click here.  I found a few packs of the "sweet" wooden spoons at Michael's for .15c for a 5 pack!! Yes, that's cents!
 We celebrated my friend's birthday with a mini Italian Night.
Followed by this amazing Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake.  It was very similar to the Cheesecake Factory Godiva cheesecake!

 It was a little deja-vu all over again. Shopping for dorm essentials for Miss High School's trip.
 Having some fries on National French Fry Day.
 My new wine charms from my favorite store that I discovered on this trip.
 Another birthday celebration, this time for Mr. Click.  We had his favorite White Chocolate Chip Fruit Tart and an old favorite, Fruit Salsa with Homemade Cinnamon Chips along with these Sweet and Savory Pistachio Stuffed Dates.
 The girls love Coconut Cream Larabars and have been using this recipe to recreate them at home.  They taste just like the real thing for a fraction of the cost!
Can we talk about pantry moths for a minute? Gross, I know but I had been battling them this summer, using regular pantry moth traps to no avail.  After reading the reviews of Dr. Killigan's moth traps, I ordered some and they really are superior.  They started working immediately and effectively. If you know what I mean. ;)
That's it for now, I think there will be a Part 2 of this post coming soon.
Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up:
Creative Mondays
Pin It

10 comments:

Tamar SB said...

I had nice cream for breakfast yesterday - no shame!!

Also - love that the sheets are peroxide resistant!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Love catching up and seeing all the fun you've been having this month! I haven't been posting as much either my friend! Summer happens!!!!

camp and cottage living said...

Sounds like you've been really enjoying summer, Heather.
The Larabars and nice-cream look so yummy!
Bay leaves placed in the cabinet work well for deterring moths for me in the past.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hi Heather, it sounds like you have been having fun with making all kinds of good food!! Hope you have a nice weekend.
Julie

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

WOW!! So many good looking goddies!! Yummy!!

HThanks for stoppin gby!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Kathy McB said...

Ahhhh...I will have to keep an eye out for you. We could EASILY have crossed paths in Target in the sheet aisle, haha.

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Yoga + Chocolate + Fries = The perfect combo ;D
Thank you for the blog visit babe, hope to see you back to check out my TOP PARIS TRAVEL GUIDE!

Xx- Julie

Haute Khuuture Blog

Creations By Cindy said...

Well Heather Lou....you've been having a great summer! So glad and I enjoyed looking at a little recap! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Dawn Gross said...

Nice Cream & homemade Lara bars! I want to try both!

Clairejustine oxox said...

Good to hear your having a lovely and busy Summer Heather, me too! So many lovely pictures here, love all the food, so yummy :)

Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails