Thursday, January 23, 2014

{Recipe} Fruit Salsa & Homemade Cinnamon Chips

This is one of those recipes that I get a craving for and I just have to have it! It's usually a summer time treat when berries are in season but I've made a winter version that's just as good.
 I used to have a recipe for this but now I just wing it but here are the basics.
Fruit Salsa:
2-3 apples, chopped
2-3 kiwis, chopped
1 bunch of seedless red grapes, halved
frozen mixed berries, thawed
Combine ingredients in a large bowl.  
Add sweetener (1-3 TBS sugar, any combination of white and/or brown)*
*I used 1 tsp of Splenda brown sugar substitute
1-3 TBS of any fruit preserves
(In the summer, I like to use nectarines, plums and fresh berries)
 Stir to combine.  Cover and refrigerate.
Homemade Cinnamon Chips:
Tortillas or Pitas
Non stick cooking spray
Cinnamon sugar
Preheat oven to 350F
Cut tortillas or pitas into wedges and place on cookie sheets, spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Bake for about 10 minutes until brown and crispy.
Dip into the fruit salsa and swoon!
Note: The cooled chips can be stored in an air tight container for about a week if the salsa lasts that long.

Linking up with:
Thursday Favorites
Welcome To The Weekend
Sunday Showcase
Inspire Me Tuesday
Tasty Tuesday

Pin It

11 comments:

Katie said...

This looks so yummy!

I especially love the idea of the cinnamon chips. I will definitely be trying this out!

Tamar SB said...

OOO that sounds amazing!

Morgan said...

I wish I lived near you! I would be coming to your place all the time to eat, hahaha. And to get your vegetarian recipes of course. :) This sounds like such a good snack. Is the fruit salsa tangy or sweet? It sounds delicious either way.

Jules said...

I am weird about putting sweetener on my fruit, but I am totally in for those cinnamon chips!!!!

Carla from The River said...

Yay! I make Cinnamon Chips too. I like to serve mine with diced apples. I usually dice my apples and add some cinnamon and sugar to them too. Yummy!

Bliss said...

I almost like this sort of thing more in the winter since fruits are out of season here in the frozen north.

Becky said...

Yummy! My girls would love this!

Dawn said...

Wow! Looks yummy! May have to try them this weekend!

Debbie Stinedurf said...

One of my girlfriends made this for a party once...super yummy!
Debbie
www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

Katherines Corner said...

oh my goodness this is wonderful!!! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop, sorry I am late stopping by. Hope to see you linking up again this week . Big Hugs

Cathy Compeau said...

Thank you for linking up at Tasty Tuesdays! Your post has been pinned to my Recipes from Tasty Tuesday board. I can't wait to see what you link up next week!
Have a terrific weekend!
Cathy
APeekIntoMyParadise.com
#TastyTuesdays

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails