Friday, August 19, 2016

{Random} What I've Been Up To-Part 2

Happy Friday!  I'm getting sad because summer is almost over but also excited about the new school year and cooler temps (hopefully!).   Here's the second part of my recap of what I've been up to as the summer fritters away. To see part 1, click here.
 Getting some time in the hot tub when it's not too hot out.
 Enjoying a book and some morning coffee on the deck.
 

Trying a new place for brunch.  It's called Turning Point.  I had to snap a pic of the decor. I love the pale blue wales with the dark wood and all the fresh white trim. It looks beachy to me! This was the salad I had.  It had spinach, quinoa, pecans, strawberries, blueberries and pineapple.
 

Out for an evening walk in our neighborhood, we heard before we saw these little guys.
 I tagged along to "art camp" at G's house with her nephews and ended up making my own Matisse inspired piece (upper right corner). Miss High School did the rest.
 Still loving my overnight oats for breakfast.
 Love summer trips to the library.
 We had my niece and I gave her change for the wishing well.  She politely shushed me because she was "thinking about her wishes".
 Teaching her how to play Pokemon Go.
 I saw these two little cuties on one of my walks.
 Skinny guava margarita.
 Hubby's band gig.
 Being a hippy chick.
 New wrist obsession=these bracelets.
Admiring these mid century chairs at a thrift store.
 We've been taking more trips to the mall just to escape the heat. I never mind visiting Pottery Barn.
 I needed a new band for an old Swatch watch.  The selection of watches is dizzying.
 This West Elm Bohemian Collection was making me swoon.
Checking out this wine growler at Urban Outfitters.
What have you been up to?
 Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up:
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Pin It

9 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Okay, it is HOT here so I'm guessing hotter there! Looks like you've been staying cool and staying busy. I'd love that Skinny guava margarita and I'm jealous of your chair spotting at the Thrift Store. Such great finds!

Dawn Gross said...

Oooohhhh Pottery Barn!!

Carla from The River said...

We took a moonlight walk the other night. I thought of you. I love your what you see walking photos.

Pam Jackson said...

Looks like you have been busy. Hot tub would be amazing but like you, I could not take the heat with it hot outside. Here in Nashville Tn it has been hot and humid. As for deer...I love them. Seeing wild life out in their element brings a smile to my face. I am just now getting back into blogging after a year away. Please stop for a visit at http://pam-lifethroughmyeyes.blogspot.com/

thanks

Tamar SB said...

You've lived it up this summer! I can tell summer is winding down bc of the crisp nights and crickets. I love August nights, even if it means school is beginning!

Morgan Fluhler said...

It's been a while since I caught up so get ready for a lot of comments from me :)

I am looking forward to cooler temperatures too, it has been crazy here! My yard needs less heat and more water.
That brunch place is so cute! I love the beachy vibe as well.
How fun that you guys had an art day! I love getting creative with my friends.
I think it's so sweet that you spend time with your niece so often. I grew up spending a lot of time with my aunt and uncle and I really cherish those days! She's too cute sitting next to the wishing well.
And that's awesome that your husband is in a band! How fun! What's he playing in that picture? I can't tell if it's a guitar or a bass.
And I too am always down for shopping! My favorite. :)

Jessica Pelasky said...

Looks like things have been great for you! :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Creations By Cindy said...

I have enjoyed part 2 of the summer story. Love seeing what all you have been up too. Hot tub? Oh girlfriend, I love me a hot tub in the winter! LOL! We haven't been a few years now but one of my criteria that has to met when going to the mountains is staying where there is hot tub. One time me and my man was sitting in the hot tub in Feb. in the mountains and it began to snow and we began to stick our tongues out to catch the snow! (That was just a freebie for today) LOL!
That salad looks amazing! And yes, I love your bracelets. Hope you have a great day. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hi Heather, it looks like you have been enjoying yourself this summer. I am trying to settle into a routine after taking my trip to Hawaii, unpacking, and settling in. I am looking forward to a little bit of cooler weather like in the low 80's and not hot and humid weather and cooler nights. I do hate when the kids have to go back to school as I love spending time with them and no rushing around. Take care and enjoy the weekend.
Julie xo

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails