Monday, July 25, 2016

My Favorite Local Thrifting Spots

In keeping with my Stay-cation Summer theme, I'm teaming up with Invaluable (an online marketplace that carries everything from collectibles to fine art) to share the best thrifting places in my area and some of my favorite acquisitions along the way.  You can check out their blog for more great tips.
Goodwill has always been of my go-to place for quality thrifting.  We have a few in our area that I try to hit up on a regular basis.
When I first started blogging way back in 2010, I starting documenting my thrift scores and how I used them to decorate.  Adding flameless candles and some shells and starfish to this bamboo birdcage gave it a summery vibe. See it's latest transformation here.
I'm always a sucker for shiny silver pieces. This Pottery Barn mini ice bucket wasn't so shiny when I found it but after I took it home and polished it..wow!
Spray paint is another way to spruce up thrifted pieces.  I spray painted both the lantern and the the candleholder black to give them a fresh, new look.  
Another thrift store that I like but don't get to as frequently is the Holy Redeemer Hospital Thrift Store.  That's where I found this vintage dress that would be perfect for a summer wedding or shower.
Our absolute favorite places to find treasures is Bryn Athyn Thrift Shop aka BATS.We don't usually leave empty handed with fun things like this old camera up for grabs.
Miss High School started collecting these Wade pottery pieces after a trip to the store yielded a very reasonably priced starter collection.
BATS has come through for me with summer decorating.  I've found lots of patriotic decor there.
Unique artwork can be found in the big old barn that houses the shop.  Meet Steve the rhino.
Upstairs at BATS is full of clothing (like this summer skirt) and larger furniture pieces.  
Another sweet summer thrift score was this handmade patchwork quilt.
We're lucky that we don't have to go far to find great thrifting spots. Where are your favorite places to find treasures/bargains?
Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up with:
Welcome To The Weekend
Pin It

8 comments:

Tamar SB said...

That old camera is amazing!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I love thrifting and checking out your favorite local spots! There's so much goodness to be had - like that amazing dress! Swoon!

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Nice haul! I am a thrift shop aficionado so Goodwill/ Salvation/ Savers are my top 3 for a fun-filled afternoon.
Thank you for the blog visit babe, hope to see you back to check out my EuroTrip honeymoon travel diaries!

Xx- Julie

Haute Khuuture Blog

Creations By Cindy said...

Girl, I'm fixing to pack my bags and head your way! Oh we would have a great time thrifting together! I love all the scores. The camera of course caught my eye! Love the old quilts. I have to travel about 30 miles to the nearest thrift store. If I am on a "MISSION" as my man would say...meaning I am looking for a particular item...I can go through some thrift stores in a hurry. But most often I like to go when I have as much time as I want to BROWSE, TOUCH, PICKUP...and well...you get the message. LOL! Have a good day Heather. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Harlynn said...

Old cameras are the best. I had an old polarized camera. Forgot it at a party house......
That dress is lovely too, yellow has grown a lot with me. Old art like that rhino would be my typical thrifted item of choice. Elephants with their tusks up are my favorite.

Carla from The River said...

I will be going to an Estate Sale on Thursday...send some luck my way. Last year when I went I hit it big. I picked up the perfect lamp for our living room, 3 garden decor items and some vintage linen.
Carla

Mama Hen said...

I love when you do these posts because you get the best stuff! Love the old camera! :-)

Clairejustine oxox said...

You have some great things here! Love thrifting stores :) Thanks for linking up Heather :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails