Monday, July 18, 2016

{Travel} Beach Getaway

This was my motto all week during our recent beach getaway.  
We had a little window of opportunity to go to the beach and of course we took it.  Here's a recap of our visit with lots of photos.
 Wildwood, New Jersey boardwalk at night.



 We couldn't wait to get a smoothie bowl at Aloha Smoothie.
 Relaxing in the mornings...
 Fruit in a mason jar at breakfast.
 Hitting the beach.

 These lovelies.
 Ocean City, New Jersey boardwalk.
 

We like this beach town too but I think we go to their boardwalk pretty much for The Bashful Banana restaurant.  First we split the homemade hummus, veggie and bagel chip platter and then we shared an order of Tofu & Peanut noodles.
But it's really all about the Banana Whip (it's just whipped bananas and it's the creamiest, dreamiest treat!!).   My toppings were peanut butter, pretzels and chocolate chips.
 More boardwalk...
 More coffee...
 More seagulls and stunning skies.
 Summer beach read.
 

Breakfast in Cape May, New Jersey.
 Feeling very envious of the gorgeous hydrangeas in Cape May.
They have such beautiful gardens and homes there.
 Happy Hour back at the house.
 Chasing sunsets...
 Checking out the marina.
 Bike riding on the boardwalk in the morning.  Clouds in my coffee.
 

Lunching in Avalon, New Jersey...with a view.
Yum!
{sigh}
Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up:
Creative Mondays
Pin It

7 comments:

laura@notatrophywife.com said...

what a fun trip! Do you like the book? The Rumor? Have a great week heather! laura

laura@notatrophywife.com said...

What a great vacation! Do you like the book, The Rumor? laura

Tamar SB said...

I LOVE that the Bashful Banana is still going strong a good 18 years after we first discovered it (soon after it opened I think). I miss my old stomping grounds!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Looks like an amazing vacation! I love to see all your healthy eats - yummy! You guys had some great weather too! Looks like a hot week ahead, stay COOL my friend! xo

Carla from The River said...

Count me in for the next beach trip.
Love the photos and you made me hungry.
Carla

Creations By Cindy said...

What fun pictures! I am so jealous! I did get to go to the beach one day with my girls and grands but I've got a beach trip coming on in August. (YAY) Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Dawn Gross said...

I've never been to the NJ beaches - these pictures make me want to try it out! Cool clouds in the coffee picture!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails