Monday, July 11, 2016

{Entertaining} College Graduation Party

A few weeks ago we celebrated College Girl's graduation with a low key family party.
This is the photo we used for the invitations (too much personal info on them to share the actual invites).
We had the perfect weather for an indoor/(mostly) outdoor event.
Of course I have lots of pre-party photos and not many actual party photos.
We rehung some of the outdoor lights from her high school graduation party on the "treehouse" part of the deck.
I didn't have much of a theme but I was thinking black, white and burlap for the color scheme.  I bought a bunch of predominantly white flowers with hints of green and these bright red berries. They were all from Produce Junction for $17!
I found the 2016 tags in the Target Dollar bins.  (Also used on this Nutella Lovers' Graduation Gift). I already had the white tablecloths and burlap runners from hosting 30+ people for Thanksgiving in 2014.  I rolled out black chalkboard runners under the burlap on some of the tables-also from the Tar-jay.
We used the hot tub for our bar out on the deck which always works out well and keeps people out of the kitchen. yay!  I added little paper doilies under the bouquets for a sweet, feminine touch.
We had little graduation cap straw toppers on black and white striped straws.  (My very chic friend "G" and also the grad's godmother).
This jar was from her last graduation party and a great thrift store score.
I wrapped various mason jars and vases with burlap ribbon, white ribbon and twine for the flowers. (Like her other party, see photo below). The "Class of 2016" flags are stickers (also from Target) that I stuck on either side of a bamboo skewer and popped in the vase.
I had so many bouquets that I was able to have them both indoors and out.

I kept the decor simple and bought two dozen black and white balloons for some visual pop, hoping they wouldn't literally POP.
The only other decoration I purchased was this black and white tassel banner for the dining room.
Party people!
The tiki torches were up and we borrowed a bocce ball set from our friends for some outdoor fun.
The signature cocktail was Fresh Watermelon Gradu-itas.   #ijustthoughtofthat  Recipe will be up soon.
I got to use my Ballard Designs inspired Beverage Tags.
The menu was Tex-Mex inspired and sadly this is the only photo I snapped.
Menu
Black Bean Taco Bar & Fixin's
Homemade Guacamole & Pico de Gallo with Chips
Best Vegan Kale Caesar Salad
Chick-Fil-A Nuggets
Tomato Pie
So glad that people were enjoying the deck!
One more food photo....this amazing vegan Brownie Cheesecake (from a bakery).  I guess I was just having too much fun to take more photos.
Let's keep in touch!
Pin It

10 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

So many beautiful details as always. OMG can I please have some yummy watermelon granita? Looks like this week would be perfect for that beverage!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

It looks like it was a great graduation party. Thanks for all of these great ideas for hosting your own party! I know you all had fun and Love the pretty bottles of flowers. :)

Tamar SB said...

Love the Cornell touches you added to it!

Clairejustine oxox said...

Everything looks so beautiful. You did a beautiful party Heather :)

I can not wait to read about your watermelon cocktail recipe..

Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

Mama Hen said...

Your deck is amazing! I would be sitting outdoors with a cup of coffee all the time. You are so attentive to details and always make everything so special. Looks like a fantastic party! Have a great night!

Creations By Cindy said...

I love it all Heather! And see here...let me just go ahead and tell you...I would be so daggum sorry cause all I would want to do is sit out there on your beautiful deck! LOVE IT! I love black and white. It's elegant yet it can be laced with simplicity. Congratulations to the graduate! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Carla from The River said...

Great ideas ... I am storing them away for what is up next for our family. :-)
I like the menu and the dessert, YUM!

Dawn Gross said...

Great details! Looks like another successful party!

Jessica Pelasky said...

This looks like such a great time!

I’d love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, and tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Bliss said...

I just read every post back to college graduation. I must of got called out of my sleep because it's rather late. But now I'm wanting some oats, some cheesecake, some tofu wings, almond milk with cinnamon maybe the kind from Trader Joes I'm not sure, a grad-atini, a guava rita, a banana whip thingy, a trip to the letterpress shop, a trip to the shore, more opinion on a carrot hot dog (what the heck???), a trip in the new truck we don't yet have so I can check out Yacht Rock music, bean burgers, nice-cream, and a salad. And more oats. Geeze, did I forget to eat dinner before bed?

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails