Wednesday, July 13, 2016

{Cocktails} Fresh Watermelon Margaritas For a Crowd

We served these Fresh Watermelon "Grad-uitas" at the College Graduation Party and they were a perfect summer cocktail.

I love frozen margaritas but I knew they'd be difficult with a large crowd.  Freshly pureed watermelon sounded pretty delish too (thanks for the idea Jessica!) so I went with that.   I prepped the watermelon ahead of time and mixed in the alcohol right before the party.
 
Fresh Watermelon Margaritas
{Makes 10 servings}
10-12 pound watermelon 
1 cup of tequila (more or less to taste)
1/2- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup Triple Sec (or any orange flavored liquor)
Lime for rimming the glasses
To make:
Scoop out watermelon and puree in batches to make 10 cups of puree. I used my Vitamix so it was very smooth.   At this point you can refrigerate the pureed watermelon and mix up the margaritas at party time or proceed with recipe if you are serving immediately.
**edit*I just remembered that I also made a batch of frozen watermelon cubes so our drinks wouldn't be diluted!!**
Combine watermelon puree with tequila, lime juice and Triple Sec, adjust to taste.  I also made a non alcoholic batch of watermelon and lime juice that could be mixed with seltzer.  
Cut some fresh limes up and rub a cut lime around the rim of the glass, dip glass in Kosher salt.  Pour margarita into glass and enjoy with a wedge of lime.

Let's keep in touch!

Pin It

6 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Oh that sounds so summery! And in a mason jar - perfection!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Wow Heather I'd love one of those for later!!! Lol! They look so good!!! :)

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

These are the perfect Summer celebration beverage and I love the way they look in the mason jar! Thanks for the mention, btw! Hope you guys aren't too hot today - we are 90+!

Carla from The River said...

Thank you for sharing! Great idea! I love the mason jar look. :-)
Carla

Dawn Gross said...

Yum!

Jessica Pelasky said...

These sound sound and look so tasty!

I’d love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, and tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails