Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Mom's Garden Tour 2016

Right after we got back from our beach getaway it was time for our annual lunch and tour of my mom's gardens.
 This year we assembled quite a large group of ladies for the day.
 We always meet for lunch first at a restaurant and this year it was Bar Louie.
 After lunch, we head over to my mom's house and she gives us a tour of her house (for any newbies).
 Then we go outside to see her beautiful gardens.
 The bright greens were really popping this year.
 The side of her house.
 My mom is great at explaining all of the varieties of plants and flowers and how to care for them.
 There's always a feast of color for the eyes.

 

Pretty views...
 Capturing a bee doing it's thing.
My mom is an artist in the garden.

 Gazing ball peeking out behind some flowers.
 

There's so much to see and something is always blooming.
 This plant makes a great filler in bouquets.
 Japanese Red Maple
 Hydrangeas.
 Peeking into her front porch.
 Can't get enough of those hydrangeas!
It's become a tradition that the ladies and my mom look forward to every summer. What's your favorite part of her gardens?
Previous Garden Tours:
Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up with:
Welcome To The Weekend
Pin It

7 comments:

Tamar SB said...

So pretty and such a great way to get garden inspiration!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Your Mom really is an artist in the garden - I remember your tour last year. Absolutely beautiful, looks like an oasis! I LOVE it! I think those cone flowers are my favorite, my Mom had them when I was growing up all around our pool. Now, I don't have them and they are missed - I don't have a pool anymore either and I am missing that this week as well! Hope you are staying cool my friend!

Mama Hen said...

Wow! Absolutely beautiful! Your mom is amazing! I would love to create a beautiful garden but can barely get myself out to do the lawn. I love all the pictures. You really captured all of her work and the beauty of it all.

Carla from The River said...

Hi,
I was looking forward to this. Your mom is so talented. WOW!
I love the colors she puts together.
Beautiful!
Carla

Dawn Gross said...

Beautiful! Love the flowers on the arch. And the group where the bees are doing their thing!

Creations By Cindy said...

Awe Heather, what a sweet time with your mama. Love her gardens and how the ladies all gather together to make this a time of fellowship together too. Dang...I tried to get my girls to walk outside to look at my sunflowers and they said, "Mom, it's too hot". (LOL) But that don't cut it with me and I made them go look anyway! hee-hee. Enjoyed this Heather. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Clairejustine oxox said...

Oh wow, your Moms garden is so pretty :) I would love to take some pictures here :) Thanks for linking up..

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails