Looking for a healthier birthday cake alternative? This watermelon "cake" is a great option.
We recently made this for our friend's birthday. I was busy making lunch (this soup) so I put Mr. Click on cake duty. I showed him a photo from this blog and told him to go for it. He came up with the layer cake idea and held the layers together with a skewer (cut to height).Then he went to town with fresh fruit to decorate the cake. He used strawberries, blackberries and kiwi and held the fruit on with toothpicks where it wouldn't stick (mostly the blackberries). The cake went in the fridge until time to serve.
Right before serving we added a little whipped cream (use coconut or other non dairy whipped cream if you're keeping it vegan)and a candle.
This was so delicious and totally guilt free, not to mention healthy and refreshing!
Let's keep in touch!
Pin It











10 comments:
I love this! I think I will try to make it for 4th of July this year, I know we would love it!
Love this!!!! I can't wait for watermelon season!
That is too cute!! And would be absolutely delicious :)
Wow Heather I like this healthy idea for cake! Your husband did a great job with it! :)
Oh my, this looks amazing!! What a great idea Heather :)
Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop..
Totally yummy looking!
Great idea! I am pinning and planning to make for Marv. :-) He will love it!!
Carla
What a great idea! And yum!!
That is excellent. I'm giving the next "cake" duty to my husband with these instructions.
Oh my gosh...what a neat idea!!
I would love for you to share this with my Recipes, Crafts, Tips and Tricks Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/
Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!
Post a Comment