Monday, May 16, 2016

Natural Foods Store Haul

A trip to our local natural foods store is always an adventure.  I even found jackfruit there!! What?   I picked up a few things for us to try. I noticed that the small bottle was backwards in this picture.  #whoops  It's Xanthum Gum for thickening sauces and dressings.  The peach preserves are really good on the Thin Stackers.  I made the falafels last week with the mix but they turned out a little dry.  The black bean pasta was just ok, I prefer spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles.  I forgot I bought the soup, that might be today's lunch. I still haven't used the Xanthum Gum but I know I needed it for something.    I love our little local market, do you have a store like this in your neck of the woods?

Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Pin It

3 comments:

Tamar SB said...

I had the other brand of black bean pasta - I was pleasantly surprised!!

Carla from The River said...

Hi Heather,
We do! We have a bulk health food store.
I will have to do a blog post about it.
Fun stuff!
Carla

Carla from The River said...

P.S.
Keep us posted on how you like all the products.
Carla

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails