Friday, May 13, 2016

{Travel} Springtime in Philadelphia

We had a gorgeous day to ourselves and no plans.  We headed into the city (Philly) for the day.
 I took a pic of this Bernie Sanders mural for my girls.
I had been craving a vegetarian cheesesteak and we knew this was the best place for a good one.  We've eaten at Blackbird Pizzeria before and it was just as delicious this time around.
 

We ordered the vegan root beer BBQ wings and the vegan cheesesteak (fries too of course!).  Even the hubs was impressed.  The wings were chewy, sweet and spicy but not too spicy. The cheesesteak had an amazing roll (very important) and was full of flavor. I loved the addition of green peppers too!
After stuffing ourselves on delicious vegan food we walked around the city.
We stayed in the South Street area since we had parked near there.
The azaleas were in full bloom.


I've taken lots of photos in Rittenhouse Square but I don't think I'd ever been to Washington Square.

I love walking through the neighborhoods.
Here's a place for sale.  How charming is this street?
South Street is a great place for people watching.  We scored a prime table by the window at Starbucks and watched the crowds go by.  The line across the street is for Jim's steaks and it was winding around the corner. Philly loves its cheesesteaks, what can I say?
Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up:
Welcome To The Weekend
Pin It

9 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

What fun, sightseeing and food! Hope you enjoy the weekend! :)

Tamar SB said...

What a fun time! I really miss exploring Philly!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

What a beautiful city - so much to explore! Looks like you had a fun day!

Carla from The River said...

I like the mural you took for your girls. :-)
A fun day indeed! We visited Philly way back in 2007.

Kathy McB said...

I love my city too ❤️

Clairejustine oxox said...

Lovely pictures Heather, I would love to visit! Yummy food too :)

Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop..

Creations By Cindy said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day. And YUM....the food looks wonderful! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Ida said...

Looks like a perfect day. The food looked good. So what exactly is in a Vegan Cheesesteak Sandwich? - Those Azaleas were just gorgeous. Glad you all enjoyed your visit.

Dawn Gross said...

Cute neighborhood! Nice to have a day with no plans!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails