Wednesday, May 18, 2016

{Recipe} Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce

Cauliflower has been my bff lately. I usually roast it or make mashed faux-tatoes with it.  It adds a creaminess to my Butternut Squash Mac & Cheez and now I'm making it into a dairy free Creamy Alfredo Sauce.
I was inspired by this recipe.  I'm using frozen cauliflower for convenience.
Ingredients:
1 12 oz bag of frozen cauliflower (or one small bunch of fresh)
1/2 cup almond milk(or dairy milk of choice)
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped 
2 TBS Nutritional Yeast
1 TBS Lemon Juice
1 TBS Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
Pasta of your choice (I'm using spaghetti squash)
1/2-1 cup white beans or chick peas (optional)
Other vegetables to add to dish (broccoli, mushrooms, green beans, etc), optional
Start by steaming the cauliflower.  While it's cooking, saute the garlic in some water over medium heat. Don't let it brown.  Add steamed cauliflower, sauteed garlic, almond milk, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, lemon juice and salt & pepper to blender.  Boil water for pasta and make according to directions.
Blend on high until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
Saute onion and additional vegetables (if using) over medium heat. I was using left over roasted green beans.
Add beans if using (I added cannellini beans) and cook until warmed through.
Have your pasta ready (or in my case spaghetti squash).
Add veggies and sauce.  Toss to combine.  Add more nutritional yeast on top if you like.
Enjoy!
Let's keep in touch!
Pin It

7 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Genius!! My mom used to make a mean alfredo. Have you tried the Daiya Mac and Cheese?

Carla from The River said...

Yum! You are rocking out some great recipes.
Thank you,
Carla

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Your recipes have been fabulous lately and I have to try this! I have a lot of nutritional yeast hanging around so this would be perfect! Low carb too! Yum!

Bliss said...

Pinned to my Thunder Thighs Be Gone board. If I'd start cooking from it they might be gone.

Morgan Fluhler said...

Yum, it's dinner time and this is making me hungry!!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

This sauce looks so good and healthy and yummy too Heather.
TFS at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
Have a nice weekend.
Julie xo

Jessica Pelasky said...

Wow...this sounds so delicious!

I’d love for you to share it with my Recipe and Crafts Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails