Monday, May 9, 2016

{Entertaining} Revisiting the Graduation Party

As College Girl's graduation is just a few weeks away, I can't help but reflect on how quickly the last four years have flown by.  #blinkofaneye
I was looking through photos of her high school graduation party because I needed the light source to order more string lights for our deck.  It is still one of my all time favorite parties that we've thrown.   You can read all about here but I'll share some of the highlights.  
Lawn twister.
We rented a tent, tables and tablecloths and decorated everything in red and white with touches of aqua.
Mason jars filled with red and white flowers were wrapped in burlap and ribbon and sporting little college flags.  Mini red buckets of candy, candles and bubbles were on all of the tables.
Our fun photo booth.  My niece in aqua is graduating this year and was in my Project 52 post as I shot her senior photos. 
The eats!  I still have the thrifted aqua colander that started it all!
The sweets!  I loved setting up a real dessert table with a backdrop and color scheme. 
Keeping the red and white theme down to the cherry pie favors.  If you were reading my blog back in 2012 (thank you!), I hope you don't mind this walk down memory lane with this nostalgic mom.  If you haven't seen the original post, I hope you go back and enjoy it!  We'll be hosting a much smaller, family dinner for her college graduation but Miss High School graduates in two years so I'm sure I'll start thinking about that pretty soon!
Let's keep in touch!

Pin It

10 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I LOVE this theme Heather and all the details, I am off to check out that post but yes, time keeps moving on. Sometimes I want to to just STOP and it's these milestones that just put it all into perspective! Slow it down! Can't wait to see what you do for the next graduation party!

Tamar SB said...

How exciting to be planning a graduation party!! These are such fun ideas.

Bliss said...

Where does the time go? 4 years isn't all that long and yet it can seem that way or also such a long time ago.

laura@notatrophywife.com said...

HI Heather- We are leaving this week for our baby girl's college graduation. Enjoy this time! Laura {not a trophy wife}

Love Of Quilts said...

You do know how to do a party right. How the time has flown by. I haven't even thought about school's being out this soon. I don't have a graduate this year
Good luck on your party.

Carla from The River said...

Amazing! I am off to read the first post.
Carla

Clairejustine oxox said...

Oh wow Heather, you know how to throw the best parties!! These all look great :)

Creations By Cindy said...

Well of course I love the party! Wish I was closer to you girl cause I'd help you plan the next party! LOL! Time surely flies Heather...and let me share a secret with you....The older you get the faster time goes. But here is what I am learning....ENJOY EACH MOMENT AS IT COMES! Especially with your family. Loving the RED! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Jessica Pelasky said...

Looks like so much fun!! :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Dawn Gross said...

Wow! Four years already - I remember the original HS grad post!!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails