Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Scenes from Mother's Day

Mother's Day this year was pretty quiet but very nice.  With one child still away at school and one working most of the day, it was up to the hubs to entertain me. 
 Our first stop was the garden center to pick out some annuals for our garden and containers.
 I didn't get any of these succulents but aren't they pretty?
 I ended up with two hanging baskets and plenty of plants to get my containers going.
 Sporting one of my gifts (the necklace) and getting coffee later that day.   We were invited out to a hibachi restaurant with my hubby's family that night.   We had planned on getting take out but this was a much better option.  Miss High School was home from work and able to drive us to the restaurant.  She got her license the day before!!
My other gifts (missing one nail polish that someone was borrowing).  They know me so well!  Back to the reality of not being queen for a day!
Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up:
Wednesday Blog Hop

Pin It

8 comments:

Tamar SB said...

That used to be our tradition - the garden shop!

Carla from The River said...

:-) Fun!
Have you started to plant your flowers?
We have had crazy cold, so I am waiting until Thursday. We are still under a frost warning!

laura@notatrophywife.com said...

SOunds like a wonderful day! laura

Creations By Cindy said...

I just planted a few things too. It has been so dry here that we have needed rain. Well, now it's estimating to rain all week. Hoping now my posies don't drown. My man built me a little potting table so hope to show pics of that soon to you. Have a good day. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

You deserve it! Looks like it was a wonderful Mothers Day! You got some beautiful flowers, always a win win in my book! ❤️

Bliss said...

We've got a recent new driver too, now to find a vehicle so he can actually drive. Also, went to the nursery this week and not sure what was up, but ours did not have any succulents!

Dawn Gross said...

Nice day for you! I need to get more flowers for our pots ... If it ever stops raining.

Morgan Fluhler said...

Sounds like a really nice day! :) I'm sorry your older daughter couldn't make it home from school, but it's sweet that your husband took you out. :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails