Tuesday, April 12, 2016

{Recipe} Crockpot Jackfruit Pulled "Pork"

I put together another jackfruit recipe. This one is based on a roasted pork tenderloin I used to make. Jackfruit mimics pulled pork after it's been cooked for awhile and it also takes on the flavors of whatever you cook it in like my Vegan BBQ Jackfruit with Avocado Slaw recipe.
I used two cans of jackfruit (found at my favorite Indian Supermarket).
Drain and rinse well.
Then rinse again.  Mine turned out a little salty so I'd rinse it even more.
Make the marinade.  I mixed 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 2-3 TBS* liquid aminos (or soy sauce), 2 TBS crushed garlic and  2 TBS Dijon mustard  with 1/2 cup of water. Whisk well.  Add black pepper. *I'd use less liquid aminos next time to cut down on the saltiness.*
Pour over the jackfruit in a crock pot.
I added two cloves of garlic to the jackfruit.
Cooked on low for 6 hours.
Shred the jackfruit with two forks.  It looks a lot like pulled pork. This would be good served on rolls or over pasta.
Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up:
Wednesday Blog Hop
Pin It

6 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I have to try this! It's fascinating that jackfruit mimics pork! This might be a dish both my hubby and I can agree on! Love when you share these yummy recipes!

Tamar SB said...

You're so creative!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

You always seem to make such interesting food not using meat!
Hope you have a nice week.
Julie

Creations By Cindy said...

WOW! Now that looks yummy. Well I must say my friend that I am learning so much from you about different types of food. I have never heard of jack fruit in my life. But I think the way you come up with different dishes is so intriguing. Girl, I don't mind cooking...just wish somebody would tell me what to cook some days! Ha! Happy Day! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Carla from The River said...

Hi Heather,
I appreciate that you are sharing these new recipes with us. I am pinning. Thank You,
Carla

Morgan Fluhler said...

I would love to try this! It sounds so good! You are so incredibly creative. :) I bet this would be good with baked potatoes.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails