I used two cans of jackfruit (found at my favorite Indian Supermarket).
Drain and rinse well.
Then rinse again. Mine turned out a little salty so I'd rinse it even more.
Make the marinade. I mixed 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 2-3 TBS* liquid aminos (or soy sauce), 2 TBS crushed garlic and 2 TBS Dijon mustard with 1/2 cup of water. Whisk well. Add black pepper. *I'd use less liquid aminos next time to cut down on the saltiness.*
Pour over the jackfruit in a crock pot.
I added two cloves of garlic to the jackfruit.
Cooked on low for 6 hours.
Shred the jackfruit with two forks. It looks a lot like pulled pork. This would be good served on rolls or over pasta.
Let's keep in touch!















6 comments:
I have to try this! It's fascinating that jackfruit mimics pork! This might be a dish both my hubby and I can agree on! Love when you share these yummy recipes!
You're so creative!
You always seem to make such interesting food not using meat!
Hope you have a nice week.
Julie
WOW! Now that looks yummy. Well I must say my friend that I am learning so much from you about different types of food. I have never heard of jack fruit in my life. But I think the way you come up with different dishes is so intriguing. Girl, I don't mind cooking...just wish somebody would tell me what to cook some days! Ha! Happy Day! Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Hi Heather,
I appreciate that you are sharing these new recipes with us. I am pinning. Thank You,
Carla
I would love to try this! It sounds so good! You are so incredibly creative. :) I bet this would be good with baked potatoes.
Post a Comment