Monday, April 11, 2016

{Get Crafty} Celebrity Tattoo Eggs

 It is too late for one more Easter craft?  These are fun, no matter what time of year. Celebrity Tattoo Eggs (better than Celebrity Egg Tattoos...am I right?!) are the brainchild of Studio DIY- an awesome website/blog for entertaining and all things fun.
 For this craft you'll need:
1) Eggs-hard boiled or blown out
 2) Tattoo Paper (I ordered mine on line from Hobby Lobby)
4) Egg dyes or food coloring and vinegar


5) Printable (here) 
Make sure the words are backwards - see my saga below! 
 

I dyed a few eggs for the sayings and kept the rest natural for the celeb faces.  I ran into a little trouble after printing out my tattoo sheet, the sayings were not backwards as they said in the tutorial. I was so bummed and left a comment on the blog about the error.   I was positive when I first looked at the project, the words were displayed backwards!  It wasn't the wine, I promise!
To my surprise, I got an email from Kelly (creator of Studio DIY) that night and the corrected file!  She also fixed it on the site.  She said there had been a problem with the uploaded file.  I was so impressed.
 The sad thing was that I was out of tattoo paper. :(   Womp womp womp...
 I found some transfer paper from my Calligraphy Eggs and my DIY Ballard Design Beverage Tags and printed out a few of the corrected sayings.  Project saved!
 I didn't have much of the transfer paper left but I was able to get a few out of it.
These are fun, quirky and silly. They would appeal to ages teen and up. I know I got a kick out of them!
Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up:
Pin It

7 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Goodness! It is never too late for Rachel or Ross egg!! These are so creative and fun! I'm definitely going to keep this in mind for next year, so creative!

Becky said...

These are awesome!! I loved them when I saw them on your IG!!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

this looks like a fun craft for kids or grown ups! :)

Tamar SB said...

That is awesome! And not too late - people can pin for next year!!

Carla from The River said...

Pinning! Thank you :-)
Carla

Bliss said...

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....

Morgan Fluhler said...

Those are so cool! I've never seen anything like that!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails