Thursday, April 28, 2016

{Collection} My Mom's Storybook Dolls

Here's a "throwback Thursday" for you. 
Today I'm sharing my mom's Storybook Doll collection.

 She was recently cleaning out her garage and asked me if I wanted them.  She said the grandkids all played with them at her house over the years (yet I don't ever remember seeing them when I was a kid). #grandkidperks
I did a little research and they seem to be made by the Nancy Ann Company in the 1930's and 1940's.
Their bodies are bisque, the limbs all move and the eyes blink. This blonde one looks like it might kill me in my sleep though!
 The details on the dolls are really impressive...especially their clothes.
Each of the dolls has an imprint on its back that says "Storybook Dolls USA Trade Mark". I'm not sure what I will do with them, maybe they can go live in Bliss' radio doll house. Do you have any family collections? If so, how do you display them?

Let's keep in touch!
Pin It

10 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I love this throwback! Amazing how the grandkids get all the fun toys! I love their little clothes! Adorable!!!!

Tamar SB said...

So cool to find these! The boys play with old toys of mine and Avi's!

camp and cottage living said...

Your dolls are so unique, Heather. I would display them, for sure.

Carla from The River said...

Hi Heather,
I would keep them. I think they are very special. Did you find how much they are worth?
How fun. Keep us posted on what you decide.
Carla

Clairejustine oxox said...

Oh wow, my mum collects these kind of dolls too. I remember seeing them in an old suitcase. I wonder where she keeps them now, ha I will have to ask her now!! Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop..

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I love that collection of dolls Heather.
Thanks for sharing them at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
Enjoy the week.
Julie

Morgan Fluhler said...

That's so cool that you have all of those! The detail really is incredible. You just don't see stuff like that anymore.

Bliss said...

I say you build a Victorian dollhouse to display them cuz that blonde one looks too much like Chuckie to me!

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh my goodness Heather. What a wonderful doll collection from your mother. And yes...there are just some things ONLY the grands can play with! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Jessica Pelasky said...

SO cute! :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails