Tuesday, August 18, 2015

{Get Crafty} Patriotic Pom Poms

I'm a little bit pom pom obsessed.
They can be addictive to make...pretty much instant gratification.
I wanted to make some patriotic pom poms but wasn't sure what I'd use them for.  
I don't have a pom pom maker but I fashioned one out of cardboard from a youtube tutorial.
It didn't work out as well as good old cardboard (or wrapping the yarn around my hand).
I hope to make enough to string a garland of them.
For now, they are gracing my summer chalk art (inspired by this) in the kitchen.   I think pom poms add a fluffy, whimsical touch to whatever they accent but are great on their own as well.  Do you have any pom pom tips or tricks?

Other pom pom projects:
 I told you I'm pom pom obsessed!

Let's Keep in Touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up with:
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Pin It

8 comments:

Tamar SB said...

So easy and so fun!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Who knew I could actually craft my own?! Pretty exciting indeed! Thank you for sharing this, I see some Pom poms in our future! :)

Creations By Cindy said...

How cute! You are one crafty lady! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Carla from The River said...

Great ideas, and I remember that cute tote! I just loved that idea.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I love Pom pond and I have not made any in a long time. I use cardboard too! Thanks for sharing at Cooking & Crafting with J & J.
Enjoy the rest of the week.

Becky said...

I have pom poms on my crafty to do list! These are great and thank you for sharing the type of yarn you used! I have that same brand, in different colors. LOVE the idea of a garland, for now they look awesome on your chalkboard!

Dawn Gross said...

Fun! I have the Pom Pom makers but wasn't successful. I'll have to give it another whirl! Cute addition to the chalkboard!

Jessica Pelasky said...

I used to make these all the time as a kid! :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails