Monday, August 3, 2015

{Travel} Aruba - The Happy Island Part 1

It's been over a month since we returned from our trip to Aruba but I've been putting off the trip report so I could catch up with my other posts.  I also have so many photos from our trip, that narrowing them down is going to be tough.
My hubby's cousin (and family) invited us to vacation with them at their time share in Aruba and we just couldn't pass up the opportunity. 
All ready to fly out! Coffee, check!
 The flight to Aruba from Philly was a little over 4 hours and we took a taxi to the resort.   
Our rooms weren't ready yet so we had lunch and cocktails by the pool.
This was my Mango Tango Margarita.
We stayed at the Marriott Surf Club.
 We had some pretty sweet views from our room.  The resort was gorgeous and very family friendly.
{Lazy river and swim up bar}
 {Adult "quiet" pool}
 The downtown area was a short walk from our resort.
 We had dinner at Gianni's our first night.  This dish was a pasta with cheese sauce made in a huge wheel of cheese.
 I had the mushroom risotto.
 The next day we were up early (which was good because you had to "tag" your chairs at the pool/beach each morning.  
 We took a walk on the beach....
and saw the fishermen bringing in their catch.

More walking...

We had breakfast at this cute little spot.

A close up of their sign.
View from breakfast.
 Coffee!

We shared a few different items from the menu but this fruit was my favorite.
After breakfast we explored the adjoining resorts. Wouldn't this be the perfect spot for a nap?
We had to check it out!
 The rest of the day we hung out by the pool and enjoyed the resort's lazy river.  I was obsessed with my cover up from Old Navy.
Cocktails were encouraged.
Getting ready to head out to dinner at Madame Jeanette's. There's that dress again!
to be continued...
Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up with:
Sundays Down Under
Pin It

9 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Ahh!!! So envious of you. Looks like an amazing trip and gorgeous location!! I kinda want one of those hanging lounge chair things in my apartment!

Becky said...

It looks amazing! I'm digging that mango tango margarita!

Carla from The River said...

I have been waiting for this post too. LOL I love traveling with you. I just wish I could taste the good stuff you have. LOL :-))
You look so cute!

yourstrulyjenn said...

Heather,
I found you from a comment left on hi sugarplum. Aruba looks amazing. I travel a lot, but have never gone there. I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog. I'm really new to blogging and I love to find good ones that I can learn a thing or two from.

Take Care,
Jennifer Ely
yourstrulyjenn

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I've been waiting for this post! Aruba is most definetely my happy place - although I've only gone a few times! The pictures capture that amazing water and that resort looks incredible! Can't wait to see more! You lead one fabulous life my friend! Oh and you look adorable in your pretty dresses and that ON coverup, I love it :)!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@yourstrulyjen Thanks so much for finding me!! I'd love to visit your blog too so leave me your website or email if you can!!

Creations By Cindy said...

Well it does look like a great place to vacation! Love all the pictures Heather. I was thinking though...I wondered if I got in that adorable hammock if I could get out! LOL! Glad you are sharing some picture with us. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Wow Heather Aruba and the resort look amazing! I would love to visit there sometime! TFS the photos!

Dawn Gross said...

Love it! Nothing like crystal blue water. Did you take a nap in one of the pods?

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails