Thursday, August 6, 2015

{Travel} Aruba - Part 3

I'm wrapping up our Aruba trip and there will be a lot of photos. 
{To catch up, part 1 and  part 2.}
We discovered La Vista restaurant for lunch and went back for brunch.  I could look at this view all day.
 

I loved the tile on the outside of the restaurant, that shimmery blue is gorgeous against the reflection in the window.  Brunch was spectacular.
The outdoor seating was my favorite...especially when a stray kitty  would come over to say hi (not pictured).  The birds were another story.
 Delish!
 Walking back to our resort...
 I couldn't get enough of the flowers and views....
and these guys just became a normal site for us.
On our last full day, we rented a jeep to explore the other side of the island but first we had lunch at Charlie's Bar.
 There's so much to look at inside Charlie's.  There's so much STUFF everywhere..trinkets from all over the world.
I was a little worried about finding something vegetarian to eat there but the cook came out and gave us a few options. This black bean soup was the best I've ever had, especially when washed down with Aruba's own beer, Balashi...yum!
 After lunch we did a little off-roading in the Jeep.
We were looking for the wild goats we'd heard so much about, so of course I had to jump out of the Jeep as soon as we spotted some.
Yay!
The terrain is so different on this side of the island.
 We went to the ruins of the Natural Bridge. 
 There were so many stacks of rocks of here.
 Tourists stack their own set of seven rocks and make a wish.
Here's ours.
 The abandoned gold mines.
 
We could walk all around these ruins (and go to the top!)
Dinner on our last night was ON the beach.  The restaurant had cubbies for your shoes.
I don't remember what I ordered for dinner but I do remember this Chocolate Peanut Butter Napoleon for dessert.
They brought the check out in this wooden box and wrote your name on it.
If you're still here, you've made it through our entire trip. I've enjoyed looking back, I hope you've had fun too!  See you tomorrow for Friday Favorites!
Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Pin It

8 comments:

Jules said...

That first pic could seriously be a post card!!! Beautiful!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Oh Heather what a great vacation you had and I loved looking at all the pretty photos of Aruba. Maybe someday I will get a chance to visit. Wishing you a nice day and weekend.
Julie xo

Tamar SB said...

How great to get out and about on the island!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Love all your pictures, looks like an amazing vacation! My hope is that someday we will get back! Charlie's looks really fun and wild goats? Who knew?!

Becky said...

I always love going back through the pictures, it's like being back on vacation!

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Looks like a fantastic trip Heather. Wow... Loved the photo of the beach with the palm trees. That water is amazing. The food looked good too and was something I can eat on the diet I'm on for awhile.

Dawn Gross said...

What a great trip! The 1st picture is gorgeous!!

Carla from The River said...

I love that last photo of your feet :-)
Great trip and thank you for taking us along.
Carla

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails