Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Frame + Skates = Holiday Door Decor

I'm on a little roll here with my Christmas posts this week.
In case you missed them, they were:
Let's continue with this festive-ness, shall we?
Isn't this a fun wreath?
I saw this idea on Pinterest and wanted to try it this year.

Pinned from here.
I already had a pair of old ice skates that are usually hanging on a sled on the front porch during the holiday season.
{like this}
I took this picture when I checked out the lining of the skates. I was hoping it would be red plaid like Bliss' pair but alas, only hot pink.
Thank you Amber Bradley wherever you are.
Yes these were thrifted of course!

 

I used some excess trimmings from our tree and this faux garland from the the Store of Dollar.

 

I had this black frame too, it's usually up on the mantel.
I wrapped it with the faux garland.
I bought this sprig of green berries at the Dollar Store too.
I wrapped the sprigs in floral wire to make little bundles.
Then I wired it to the frame.
I had two floral pick from an old display. They add a little color.
 

I draped the skates over the frame by their laces.
I added some leftover red ribbon to the top part of the skates.

and some candy canes and greenery.
I used some floral wire to attach it to the front door.
It's heavy so make sure you have a good hanger for it.
Prepare to be dazzled....
From the inside....
and the outside...
It really pops on the front door!
Especially with my new house numbers.
So if you're keeping track of such things, I've spent $2 on this whole project.
I just had to gild the lily a little bit more and add some yarn pom poms.
What do you think, pom poms or no pom poms?
I can't decide!

Linking up with:

Pin It

27 comments:

Mel said...

Adorable. I like it without the pom poms, not sure why, just do :)

Cheryl said...

I love this!! Great that it only cost you about $2!! Very festive!

Shannon Fox said...

This is so, so super cute!! I love the whole Wintery Christmas cheer that door conveys :)

Katie said...

I love this frame-wreath! It looks great on the front door, and is such a fun different way to decorate!

I can't decide pom poms or not either - I love it both ways!

Jen said...

I love all the skate posts I am seeing....I just need a pair of skates. Love your blog too.

Bliss said...

No pom poms they look great.. You have an autographed pair and I think need to add some candy canes to mine.

Bliss

Tiffany said...

I like it without the Pom Poms. Great idea!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That really sets your skates off...perfectly! Happy holidays!

Debbie said...

Love it! I have skates, I have inspiration (thanks) I need to get busy :)

Debbiedoo's said...

Love a love a love it! I think it looks fantastic on the door. Thanks for sharing Heather.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This is a very cute 'wreath' and I love how it looks on your red front door. Great copycat!

hugs,
Linda

Ricki Treleaven said...

I've been over here looking at your Christmas decor, and it's really cute! Love the sign on your piano and the skates. :D

Pears said...

Love your taste! I love seeing beautiful decorations and wreaths during the holiday season, love your wreath with skates!
www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

Naperville Now said...

darling. please come to Chicago and decorate my door. thank you. (and I'm thinking no pom poms. maybe.)

Carol L McKenna said...

How creative you are ~ Such beautiful Holiday decorations ~ divine! ~ Great post for D ^_^

( A Creative Harbor) aka artmusedog and Carol ^_^

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I really like your door hanging.

taylorsoutback said...

Also liking the simpler treatment of the ice skates...
A very creative door decoration and don't you just get so inspired looking at Pinterest!

I am still kicking myself for selling our son's first pair of skates years ago...would love to have them back...they were so small and well loved.

taylorsoutback said...

Also like the simpler treatment on the ice skates. Very creative door decoration.

Pinterest is so inspiring isn't it!! Still kicking myself for letting our son's first pair of ice skates go ...they were so little and well loved.

debra said...

It looks wonderful and so festive! What a great idea!

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

I guess I'd have a hard time deciding about the pom poms too! Cute both ways! I like them on the sled too!

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a great idea! Yours is lovely!

Marla and Steve said...

I love your version!

Monica said...

I saw that wreath on Pinterest too and fell in love! Yours looks stunning!
http://mommysordinarymagic.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

Oh Heather! What a deliciously delightful door you have shared!

I love the skate idea!

It's just so clever and different!

And your header for the season is divine!

Thank you for linking.

A+

Esther Joy said...

I loved your skates on the door wreath! Awesome!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

SOOOO cute! the pom poms totally complete the look!!!

annewalker said...

I ADORE your wreath so so soooo much!!! Seriously so simple and beautiful! I'd love to feature this in favorite Christmas wreath ideas in my blog, I hope you won't mind.

Happy Holidays!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails