Wednesday, July 29, 2015

{The Abode} Deck Makeover (again)

Our deck has been through a few changes over the years.
   This is a photo from our Deck Refresh last year when we added some new accessories like an umbrella with solar lights and a fancy new floor mat (both are holding up well!).  We also got my beloved Garden Stool in a previous year.
There's even a post about getting the cushions recovered.  It's a wonderful outdoor space for us but it requires maintenance.
This time we hired professionals for the job.
We also got deck paint instead of stain and it took a little getting used to the lighter color.
You can see the difference on the supporting posts in this photo.
The deck really stands out now and draws your eye outside.  
It sure looks and feels and lot fresher.
We finally got to enjoy it and have a few get togethers out there (my Ikea solar lanterns have been working like a charm!).
What do you think?
Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png

Linking up with:
Wednesday Blog Hop

Pin It

10 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

Heather, I love your deck! It is so inviting! Is that a hot tub I see? Girl....I'd be right there the rest of the day. LOL! Love your deck. Wish I had one! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Tamar SB said...

How cool is the extension! Love the lights you strung up, enjoy enjoy!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Your deck looks so nice and glad you are all enjoying it for the summer. Enjoy the rest of the week.
Julie xo

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I love this space - I bet it feels great to have that done and refreshed! What perfect place to enjoy these long Summer evenings! Those solar lanterns are beautiful!

Becky said...

It looks amazing! And what a great backyard, feels like your in the wilderness, ha!

camp and cottage living said...

I think it looks very inviting, Heather, especially located with that beautiful wooded back yard!

Dawn Gross said...

Such a unique shape! Love all the lights!

Love Of Quilts said...

So nice to have a space that big, looks like three decks to me. Nice an private. I like paint more then stain myself.

Carla from The River said...

Hi Heather,
I love your deck. It is so nice and I am sure it is great to sit and relax outside in the wooded area.

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Your deck is pretty amazing Heather! It's like a treehouse in the woods.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails