Tuesday, July 22, 2014

{The Abode} Deck Refresh

I've shared our deck quite a few times on the blog starting with this post and revealing our new cushion covers in this post plus lots of outdoor entertaining posts featuring the deck through the years (like this one when we refinished it).
 The cushion covers are still looking good (almost 4 years later!) but the brick red umbrella had seen better days.
 I picked up a new, larger umbrella in khaki.  When it's up, it keeps the family room cooler by shading it from the sun=added bonus.
The umbrella goes up with the push of a button which is nice for shorties like me.
 We also added an outdoor mat. It looks like a rug but it's super lightweight and can be folded up easily to take to the beach or park as a picnic blanket (and hosed off to clean it!).
 It keeps the deck cool and is cushy underfoot.  It also defines the space and gives it the feel of an outdoor room.
 The coolest thing about our new umbrella has got to be the solar lights inside.
We had them in our last umbrella and I knew I'd miss them.   They add such a pretty glow at night.  The technology is even better now and the lights are brighter and whiter than in our last umbrella.
These two little changes have made a big impact.
Pin It

7 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

I love your deck Heather! Looks so comfy. I know all about being a shorty! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Tamar SB said...

Love it! Looks so lovely and inviting!! Enjoy your summer nights out there.

camp and cottage living said...

Your deck looks like a great place for gatherings, Heather.
who knew they made lights in umbrellas now? Not me!

Jules said...

Such a warm and inviting deck...love the new umbrella!!!!!

Bliss said...

I was on a patio refresh myself. Mine has no color so I ordered some pillows for starters and I love them!

Mama Hen said...

You are right, the lights do add such a pretty glow at night. I love your deck! I do not have a deck at my house and miss it. I used to have one at a couple of different houses I lived in and I spent so much time on them. I hope you are well!

Have a great night!

Mama Hen

Becky said...

Hmm, definitely need to check out that rug! We have a roof over our deck, so we no longer need an umbrella, but I have been searching for just the right rug...

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails