Wednesday, July 8, 2015

{Travel}Girls' Getaway

Miss High School and I took a quick trip to visit College Girl last month.  We got up there in time to visit our favorite farmer's market.

This is the ultimate farmer's market. I wish I could go there every weekend!  I would get all of my produce, flowers and goodies there.
Speaking of goodies, we always try to get a bite to eat while we're there. They have a huge and varied selection of food vendors.  We decided to split this low fat Sri Lankan meal.
We also shared this yummy bowl of goodness from another vendor.  It had greens, pickled veggies, tofu, peanuts and home made hot sauce (from what I can remember). Both were so good! 

There's always a lot going on at the market--live music, shopping, eating, dogs, families and college kids..all enjoying the waterfront.  After lunch we cooled off with some homemade fruity ice pops.  I tried the peach mint and the girls both had lemon ginger.
We did some shopping in town.  What a cool cork board of treasures.   We bought some spools of yarn from a recycled fabric store.
Later that night we went out for ice cream (before dinner!).  This place is so good. They even have a great selection of vegan flavors.
The weather was kind of wet and dreary so we decided to see "Jurassic World". We all loved it!
We went out for a late dinner.
I was there too. :)
The food at this place is always amazing. 
Brussels sprouts and chick peas in an agave glaze.
Nachos.
Tasty salad.
The next morning we picked College Girl up at her apartment. Isn't this chalk board wall fun?
We went for a walk around campus. This is her third year and the first time I've been able to photograph this impressive gate.
 

We found another waterfall that we'd never seen before!
So pretty!
More campus views...
Funny sign edit.

The new Bill and Melinda Gates building.
The school just celebrated their 150th birthday so there were lots of remnants of birthday wishes.
We got to view this exhibit of  women's college attire over the past 150 years.

This Macintosh computer was in the 80's display. It brought back memories of my college days. I had the same one!
This quote cracked me up!
Lunch was at another favorite spot (sensing a food theme here).
I had the vegan chicken salad and melted vegan cheese on an open face toasted rosemary/salt bagel. Oh so divine!
Before we knew it, College Girl had to get to work and we had to head home. It was a quick visit but we squeezed a lot of fun (and food) into our short time together.
Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Pin It

9 comments:

Tamar SB said...

What a fun and delicious weekend!

Shannon said...

Looks like you had a great visit! Good food is always included on any of my trip itineraries!

prideinphotos.com said...

As you will see in my blog post, girlfriend time never stops, no matter how old you get. This was a great post. Hello from pride in photos.
Laurie

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Looks like you had a great visit and lots of good food! We saw Jurrasic World this weekend too and we liked it too!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Another fun visit away, I loved getting the campus tour...and food tour too! Oh my, I'm starving now ;)! Everything looked delicious :)!

Carla from The River said...

FUN!! I love how you and your girls do so many fun adventures together.
xx oo
Carla

Ida said...

You always have such great adventures. The farmers market looked fun and the food always looks yummy (especially that ice cream). Wow that is quite a campus and I loved the waterfalls.

Dawn Gross said...

What a nice trip! Food choices look pretty yummy!

Bliss said...

No hoola hooping. Ah ha ha ha.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails