Monday, July 27, 2015

{Recipe} Buzzed Cherry Bombs

I made these spiked cherries for 4th of July.
{original recipe here}
 I thought they'd be fun treat to have while watching our hometown parade..a little sweet with a bit of a kick.  They only require a few ingredients.
Ingredients:
Maraschino cherries with stems, 1 jar makes about 20
Vanilla vodka (or any flavor you like)
White chocolate for dipping, 1 cup
Blue sprinkles
 Start by pouring the cherry juice out of the jar. I poured mine into another jar to make a non alcoholic version along with my vodka soaked version. Take out as many cherries as you want for the non alcoholic version if you are making them and add to jar of cherry juice.
For the spiked variety:
Add vanilla vodka to jar of cherries, put lid back on and refrigerate overnight.
For the kid friendly variety:
Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract to cherry juice/cherries and refrigerate overnight.
 When you're ready to assemble, take the cherries out of the liquid and dry them off a bit. Dip in white chocolate and sprinkles.
 Place on a wax paper lined tray to firm up. I put mine in the fridge and kept them there until I was ready to serve them.
 The red, white and blue combo was great for the 4th of July and other summer holidays but I could see using different colored sprinkles to go with whatever theme you choose.
 You could also use different colored chocolate or dark chocolate.
The kid friendly version of the cherries were popular with this guy (at least the sprinkles were).
 I think they are so darn cute.
They were tasty too!
Let's keep in touch!
Pin It

15 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

Heather, they are cute as a cherry! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Shannon said...

These are so cute! Would be great for Labor Day, Memorial Day, July 4th. Could also use green sprinkles for Christmas. I LOOOOVE cherries so I am for sure going to try this!!

Bliss said...

Pinned these. I wasn't sure what board to use, so I went with dips, dunks and appetizers, but considered beverages!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Adorable and I think they would be PERFECT for Labor day or our upcoming trip to Cape Cod! Yummy!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Wow I love this idea Heather! Thanks for sharing this at our Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Tamar SB said...

That is awesome!!

Clairejustine oxox said...

I have never seen anything like this, these are awesome!! Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays, pinned and will tweet later :):)

Jules said...

What a fun and festive treat and so easy, even I could do it! Have to try this.

Carla from The River said...

Great idea!! I was waiting for you to share this recipe. :-))
Carla

Love Of Quilts said...

Look good enough to eat. Thanks for the recipe.

Jessica Pelasky said...

Oh wow! What a neat idea!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Becky said...

These are SO cute! Love how they look too :)

laura@notatrophywife.com said...

these are so cute heather! Love it! laura

Michelle James said...

I just love these! I just made vodka infused strawberries this weekend that I am just sharing. I think I will try these next! Thanks for inspiring me! Michelle OurCraftyMom

Stephanie Watkins said...

Looks great! I love the patriotic feel too.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails